What should I do when my boyfriend doesn't text/call me when he says he will?

Postby macquarrie12 » December 5th, 2007, 7:41 pm

My boyfriend and I have been going out for almost 6 months and we have a really good relationship. He just surprised me at midnight on my birthday with a dozen roses and a handwritten card. He said he loves me for the first time that night. His eyes even started tearing up when I said it back. Anyway, sometimes he doesn't call me or text me when he says he will. This happens every once in a while because he gets really busy or forgets, or he just does it much later than I expected. I like waiting for him to reach me, but I also don't want him to think I don't care if I don't try to reach him. Sometimes I do check in to make sure our plans are still on and I always text him if he tells me to. Should I always text him if he doesn't when he says he will? Or how much is too much/too little for me to text him? Thanks :)
macquarrie12

Postby basilios54 » April 24th, 2011, 7:40 am

Don't sweat it and don't be obsessive. Don't have like a heart attack when he doesn't text you back. It's not that serious. If he doesn't text you back when he says he is, just text him. But not obsessively and very consistently. Try to have that balance between not caring enough and caring too much. I'm a girl and I REALLY hate it when girls whine so much about how guys don't text them back the second the text message is sent. Like seriously bro, shut the hell up. (not you, though) But yeah, don't sweat it too much. Everyone forgets sometimes.
basilios54

Postby bembe » June 7th, 2011, 11:53 am

Some people just don't like texting too much and if he is busy that is exactly why. You can definitely text him if he said he'd call/text you, just to say hello and he will get back to you when he has the time. Don't overwhelm him with text messages that would just make you seem needy. You obviously have a really good relationship. Honestly texting is one of the worst things that ever happened ! There is mis-communication, etc. No good! Good luck.
bembe

Postby musaid » April 14th, 2012, 10:12 am

It's possible he might have forgotten. Or he wants to see if you actually care to take the time out to try and reach him even though he said he will. It isnt really anything to worry over, but if it does matter that much then when he does call or if you call say something like "If been waiting for your call/text!" in a jokingly way, he'll get the point.
musaid

Postby regenweald45 » May 30th, 2012, 6:52 am

Relationships are tricky but the can go bad quickly with over thinking, just enjoy being with him :) don't get upset if he forgets to text or call unless its a extremely important reason. If he is not complaining about your texting/calling habits then i wouldn't worry about it :) Keep doing what your doing because its obviously working good luck :)
regenweald45

Postby body » June 8th, 2012, 11:22 am

he probably forgot i forget everything to
body

Postby gavyn » June 8th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Don't overthink, He might just be busy.
gavyn

Postby elmore » June 10th, 2012, 3:40 pm

I think it is ok because he might just be very busy!
ask him about it i am sure he will understand!
elmore

Postby mukki » June 10th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Aw, if you guys have a good relationship, just text him when he doesn't reply. Don't be all crazy about it though like "WHY ARENT YOU TEXTING BACK!", but just be silly like "Babe, did you forget to text me back?", the key is not to be serious about it if you do remind him that he didnt text back. Be Cute & silly. :) Thats how i am with my boyfriend, because he does the same thing. Usually just during school, (we dont go to the same school) but its not a problem with your boyfriend it seems like a lot of guys are like that, its a guy thing. Dont take it so personal though, he probably doesnt even realize he is doing it! Lol.
mukki

Postby eriq » June 10th, 2012, 5:33 pm

My boyfriend and I have been going out for almost 6 months and we have a really good relationship. He just surprised me at midnight on my birthday with a dozen roses and a handwritten card. He said he loves me for the first time that night. His eyes even started tearing up when I said it back. Anyway, sometimes he doesn't call me or text me when he says he will. This happens every once in a while because he gets really busy or forgets, or he just does it much later than I expected. I like waiting for him to reach me, but I also don't want him to think I don't care if I don't try to reach him. Sometimes I do check in to make sure our plans are still on and I always text him if he tells me to. Should I always text him if he doesn't when he says he will? Or how much is too much/too little for me to text him? Thanks :)
eriq

Return to Roses