Words to use to describe blood and ways to describe a dead body?

Postby lorence » February 21st, 2013, 2:15 am

Alright, so I need words or phrases to describe blood. Do not use the word blood or the word red. I already have "Warm, ruby liquid" and "crimson". I also don't want a description on taste, since no one is tasting it. Appearance, smell, movement, any of that is fine but no taste. Also nothing vampire related. I don't want to see "ketchup" "tomato" "juice" no food related descriptions.

Also, when describing a dead body, what would you describe?? I have "lack of life" "motionless corpse" "crumpled heap". It wasn't a brutal slaughter. Lets say...stabbed a few times? maybe shot?? But nothing brutal. Also, the body is in the snow, just to add a little more information
lorence

Postby dallen8 » February 21st, 2013, 2:30 am

Dug up some synonyms online, I wouldn't reccomend all of them, Sanguine fluid sounds pretty epic though:
claret, clot, cruor, gore, hemoglobin, juice, plasma, sanguine fluid, vital fluid

As for adjectives, I'm not sure if you're looking for strictly adjectives or a full sentence, it might sounds a bit elegant to say:
"The corpse lay motionless atop the crimson snow"
Or something like that. Corpse is a harsh sounding word. You may consider switching that out.

Hope i was some help!
dallen8

Postby domhnull » February 21st, 2013, 2:51 am

Pale skin, blue lips, icy solid hard body, icy hair. Blood in the snow, all over.

Personally I like 'crimson' the best. Usually people say that blood smells like copper. But since its in snow? I'm not sure.

Since the body is in snow......maybe an animal found them dead and started to snack on the body? When the body is found there could be chunks of his or her body gone. Bugs could be drinking up the blood in the hole (From where the animal took some chunks out of the corpse)
domhnull

Postby habib » February 21st, 2013, 3:13 am

The person's weight created a light dent in the snow, weight sinking in. His/her clothes were stained with his/her crimson body liquids. Rips/shots created an unwanted pattern across the shirt and pants. Without a need of kicking it, anyone could see its limp position, arms laying over and legs set to an awkward position.
habib

Re: Words to use to describe blood and ways to describe a de

Postby ClassyLassie » July 6th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Her blood stained the snow crimson, and her lips were pale blue. Her held a penetrating stare, and seemed to follow your every move. Her mouth was wide open, prepared to let loos the words that she never got to say. She looked so pale there, surrounded by her own blood. She seemed frozen. Not by the snow, but by time. She was forever captured in her last moment, with no way to escape.

Last bumped by Anonymous on July 6th, 2017, 5:47 pm.
ClassyLassie

Return to Tomatoes