What kind of salad dressing should i get?

Postby wyne » February 1st, 2015, 11:39 pm

so maybe this is kind of weird but usually with salads all i eat is a bunch of lettuce and tomatoes.... i've never really tried anything else in my salad but now i am, but of course i need a dressing that will help me tolerate it :) i dont really know about the tastes of dressings... i think a taste i'd like is probably something that kind of tastes like those pimento stuffed manzanilla olives? also would green olives be good in salad? ahah im so new to this help
wyne

Postby cheval43 » February 1st, 2015, 11:51 pm

Nice thing about a salad is you can put in and on it whatever you want. I like berries on my salad a bit of feta or blue cheese crumbled on top. With the berries and cheese I often don't even use a dressing or if I want added flavor just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar is good. Rather than head lettuce try romaine it has a nice crunch. I like mixed baby greens or baby spinach. Just experiment with different fruits, vegetables and greens. I like keeping the dressings simple a nice italian or just oil and vinegar with a few spices is all I need. When I want to "splurge" a great creamy blue cheese dressing or when I feel very indulgent a Hot bacon dressing, on the side, is wonderful.
cheval43

Postby gilli » February 1st, 2015, 11:53 pm

Make a home made starting with olive oil and vinegar . This basic recipe can be varied with addition of spices and garlic etc. add some oregano and a tsp of sugar and garlic for Italian etc. When trying to augment lettuce in salads do try diced apples and walnuts and/or sunflower seeds and dried berries such as cranberries. or add croutons and parmesan cheese
gilli

Postby jerrah99 » February 2nd, 2015, 12:07 am

Try Mother Natures Best Natural recipes, complete with some elephant urine to complete the dish, its truly scrumptious and will make you feel on top of the world.
jerrah99

Postby ladd » February 2nd, 2015, 12:10 am

Id do a garlic mayonnaise like gordon ramsay with jeremy clarkson
ladd

Postby skelley » February 2nd, 2015, 12:29 am

chop up those olives that you like really small and add them to 1/4 cup mayo and pepper. instant dressing! and it will taste good too ;)
skelley

Postby garnet » February 2nd, 2015, 12:41 am

chop up those olives that you like really small and add them to 1/4 cup mayo and pepper. instant dressing! and it will taste good too ;)
I prefer the Wish Bone brand of dressing. My favorite dressing is creamy Italian. http://www.wish-bone.com/product/detail/... My second favorite is creamy Cesar. http://www.wish-bone.com/product/detail/...
garnet

Return to Tomatoes