What can I do with leftover baked eggplant slices?

Postby fowler » March 17th, 2014, 6:31 pm

I have a bunch of eggplant slices that I dipped in an eggwash and then a flour/cornmeal dust and then baked in the oven. I served it last night with spaghetti and tomato sauce, so I don't want to repeat myself. Any other ideas? Thanks!
fowler

Postby tadeo » March 17th, 2014, 6:40 pm

You COULD make eggplant parmesan, OR you could put the extra slices in this delish dish!

STIR FRIED PEAS WITH RICE:
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds,
- 4 cloves,
- 1 (1") cinamon stick,
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 cup of frozen peas (thawed),
- table salt, to taste,
- 2 cups water,
- 2 tablespoons fried onions.
3) add the water and stir for 1 minute to get rid of any lumps of rice. bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat. loosely cover with a lid and cook for about 12-15 minutes. or until most of the water is evaporated. you wil see small craters forimng on top of the rice.
4) cover tightly and reduce the heat to the lowest setting; simmer for another 5-6 minutes.
5) remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for about 5 minutes. fluff with a fork before serving and garnish with fried onions.
tadeo

Postby dearan67 » March 17th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Moussaka! I don't have a recipe I use, but this one looks simple and good, but there are a gazillion recipes available on the internet. Just use your premade slides in place of the steps in this http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/moussaka-recipe/index.html

And it's one of those recipes that you don't need to be very precise with - except for the maybe the proportions on the cream sauce.
dearan67

Postby dewayne » March 17th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Ratatouille

dice up the egg plant Mix eggplant with Zucchini, tomato, onion, 1 garlic clove. cook it for 10 minutes and don't let the egg plant turn to mush. serve over rice and with french Baguette. I hope this helps
dewayne

Postby kendal28 » March 17th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Eggplant parmigiana:
In a baking tray arrange layers of fried eggplant slices, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Bake for 20-30 mins. Simples :-)
kendal28

Postby timeus » March 17th, 2014, 7:04 pm

make a homemade pizza or an eggplant parm sandwich
timeus

Return to Tomatoes