What are some healthy food ideas?

Postby saebeorht1 » March 17th, 2014, 6:31 am

I have started trying to lose some weight in time for prom in june. I currently am around 5'7 and weigh 160. I would like to lose about 20-30 pounds. I drink lots of water every day and go to the gym around 3-4 days a week, i also exercise at home doing 10 minute trainer. My meals for each day usually includes a breakfast of yogurt, berries and granola, a snack of grapes or clementines and a granola bar, a lunch of a turkey wrap with lettuce, tomato, celery and cheese, another snack usually more fruit and crackers and then dinner is whatever meal is prepared and a salad. What are some more healthy food options? I don't want to get bored of this food. Also does anyone have any tips and tricks for losing weight faster? Thanks !
saebeorht1

Postby aurelio92 » March 17th, 2014, 6:31 am

I have started trying to lose some weight in time for prom in june. I currently am around 5'7 and weigh 160. I would like to lose about 20-30 pounds. I drink lots of water every day and go to the gym around 3-4 days a week, i also exercise at home doing 10 minute trainer. My meals for each day usually includes a breakfast of yogurt, berries and granola, a snack of grapes or clementines and a granola bar, a lunch of a turkey wrap with lettuce, tomato, celery and cheese, another snack usually more fruit and crackers and then dinner is whatever meal is prepared and a salad. What are some more healthy food options? I don't want to get bored of this food. Also does anyone have any tips and tricks for losing weight faster? Thanks !
aurelio92

Postby faodhagan » March 17th, 2014, 6:35 am

It's good that you are eating healthily but remember that this will not affect the rate at which you lose weight. Flexible dieting or 'iifym' is essentially hitting your calories + macro micro nutrients through foods of your choice, not necessarily foods that people deem 'healthy'.

"Smith and colleagues found that flexible dieting was associated with the absence of overeating, lower bodyweight, and the absence of depression and anxiety"

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

Read the following article to learn more about losing weight via a calorie deficit:

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/calorie-deficit-to-lose-weight/

I personally am bulking right now. Typically all the foods I'm eating are high protein. Recently I've started eating chickpeas every other day as my source of fibre/veg. They are high in protein and healthy fats as well as being INCREDIBLY filling. High protein is especially important when losing weight -- it means you're less likely to lose muscle plus it actually helps with fat loss.

Regarding exercise, you should lift weights whilst at the gym. Follow this with cardio which can be done on one of the machines at the gym or simply at home (walk/run/cycle outside).

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/girls-get-your-guns-why-women-should-lift-weights.html

Good luck!
faodhagan

Postby sabino » March 17th, 2014, 6:40 am

Chicken breast, turkey, fish, oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta, almonds, avocado. Fastest way to lose weight is exercising 5 times a week, 1 hour cardio, and sticking to a no salt, no sugar diet. There is no easy way.
sabino

Postby barend78 » March 17th, 2014, 6:47 am

keep on the same diet plan. Another good food option is the silk smoothie products. They're made of pure fruit and healthy. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is key though.
barend78

Return to Tomatoes