What are some comon diner foods?

Postby cowan68 » December 20th, 2013, 12:06 pm

I'm doing an exam project for school and I need to make up a restaurant. The restaurant must have a theme, and for my theme I have a chosen Hollywood/Retro Diner theme. I've been having trouble trying to think of Diner food that relates to Hollywood and the 1950's. For example, 'famous fries' or something. I need to have Appetizers, Soups and salads, Entrees, Desserts and Beverages. Help would be much appreciated! Best answer gets 10 points. (:
cowan68

Postby vincenzio » February 4th, 2015, 2:40 am

I'm doing an exam project for school and I need to make up a restaurant. The restaurant must have a theme, and for my theme I have a chosen Hollywood/Retro Diner theme. I've been having trouble trying to think of Diner food that relates to Hollywood and the 1950's. For example, 'famous fries' or something. I need to have Appetizers, Soups and salads, Entrees, Desserts and Beverages. Help would be much appreciated! Best answer gets 10 points. (:
vincenzio

Postby kevyn61 » February 4th, 2015, 2:42 am

appetizers: nachos quesadillas chicken wings chips and dip mozzarella sticks cheese fries shrimp cocktail fried calamari soups: chicken noodle clam chowder broccoli and cheddar tomato minestrone beef and vegetables chili salads: greek salad ceasar salad cobb salad garden salad tuna salad antipasto chef salad caprese salad entrees for adults steak lemon grilled chicken fried chicken pasta witt sauce or butter chicken or beef tacos ravioli with sauce or butter baked pork chops cheeseburger hamburger turkey burger grilled tuna tilapia salmon fried fish sides: french fries sweet potato fries baked potato mashed potatoes rice pilaf green beans corn on the cob corn broccoli baked sweet potato waffle fries potato pancakes string beans baked beans apple sauce side salad baby carrots apple slices asparagus biscuits brussel sprouts kids entrees: mini cheese burger mini hamburger ravioli with sauce or butter chicken fingers pasta with sauce or butter spaghetti with sauce or butter grilled cheese turkey and cheese sandwich hot dog desserts: ice cream cone or bowl cheesecake chocolate cake carrot cake apple pie cookies chocolate mousse chocolate molten cake banana split milkshakes brownie sundae Beverages: soda: sprite, diet coke, coca cola, pepsi, dr.pepper, ginger ale, root beer juice: apple, cranberry, orange, grape, lemonade, strawberry lemonade tea: brewed tea, iced tea, raspberry iced tea, unsweetened iced tea water, seltzer water Beer white wine red wine margaritas martinis vodka
kevyn61

Postby stafford64 » February 4th, 2015, 2:49 am

They didn't have many appetizers. Maybe some salads or small sandwiches. Sandwiches and burgers were a VERY large part of the diner experience. Different meats, sauces, breads, cooking styles and toppings. French fries, different ice creams, shakes, juices, milk.
stafford64

Postby heinrich » February 4th, 2015, 2:57 am

APPS: Fried Green Tomatoes, Fried Pickles, Shrimp Cocktail, Home style Deviled Eggs SALADS:Wedge Salad comes with tomato cucumber iceberg lettuce , "Spinach salad" comes with bacon crumbles blue cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette, "Chef salad "comes with red onion, bacon bits, boiled egg, ham, carrots, cucumbers, tomato and shredded American cheese. Assorted in house made dressings. SOUPS: Baked potato soup, Tomato Soup, Broccoli and Cheddar Soup, Chicken Vegetable Soup. ENTREES: (Chicken) Half of a oven roasted chicken, Chicken Club Sandwich (don"t use deli meat, use pulled chicken from the left over roasted chicken dinners) Served with either a cup of soup or chips. Pot roast slow cooked with potatoes and carrots served mashed potatoes, Pot roast sandwiches on white bread toast no gravy on the sandwich but with with the moistmaker (slice of bread soaked in gravy that is placed in the middle of the sandwich) so that it is not impossible to eat served with chips or 1 side. Chicken fried steak ( pounded out steak not ground beef) served with two sides. Steak sandwich ( chopped steak onions peppers garlic red pepper flakes sauteed on the flat grill) served on a roll. Fried Chicken served with two sides, then you can do your burgers and Chicken breast sandwiches. Coconut shimp with two sides. DESSERTS: Apple pie, Assorted ice cream, Shakes,Malts, Cake of the week, Cobbler of the week, BEVERAGES: Soda, Iced Tea, In-house made lemonade, this is where you could push a locally made product for a cross promotional opportunity like sodas, craft beers, or wines. I've kept it pretty simple as this is for a school project. Had this been a menu for a actual restaurant there would have been a few more items to round it out. To reduce waist I chose the menu items based on their availability and they ability to unitize their ingredient in more than one menu item. I also chose the items on due to that they are all made for speed, turn your tables faster for more profit. The longest cooking times are the burgers. All these items are able to be made in house with fresh meats and produce nothing frozen except the shrimp that will save in food cost. Its not a fancy menu but it is a dinner menu.
heinrich

Postby shanley42 » February 4th, 2015, 3:00 am

Burger and fries with a pickle.
shanley42

Return to Tomatoes