I was told to bring a veggie platter to a meeting for Boy Scouts. Does this mean dip too?

I was told to bring a veggie platter to a meeting for Boy Scouts. Does this mean dip too?

Postby flinn74 » March 14th, 2014, 7:31 pm

I put broccoli, carrots, grape tomatoes, and celery on a platter, but I am not sure if I am supposed to bring dip too. Should I bring dip and what kind? The people are mainly boy scouts and their mothers/ fathers and the leaders. No more than 25 people.
flinn74

Postby kendall » March 14th, 2014, 7:45 pm

yes i agree ranch dip (since it's with children) but if ever you do a veggie platter for a party of adults, buy a bottle of "Newman's Own Caesar Dressing" and use it as a dip. I have done this and it is ALWAYS empty. However in your case, bring ranch. It's the most universally enjoyed.
kendall

Postby odom » March 14th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Sorry, you shouldn't have a child if you have to ask a question like this. Of course you add the dip. Not trying to be rude at all, but when you are providing a veggie platter you provide the dip for the veggies as well. It's like bringing tortilla chips and no salsa.
Ah, what kind of dip...Ranch is pretty standard.
odom

Postby parnall84 » March 14th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Boy's scout Motto is to become ready all the time, so when they told you to bring a veggie platter then it is better to get prepared all the time and bring some dip too..
parnall84

Postby armstrong81 » March 14th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Most people like ranch, I like dill dip....or one of the veggie ones they sell with the dips either by the fruit or in the refrigereated section. I think you should take a dip...yes
armstrong81

Postby avshalom » March 14th, 2014, 8:00 pm

yes- bring the dip! ranch or a dill dip would be great with veggies
avshalom

Postby gwilym » March 14th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Make your own dip
gwilym

Postby rad59 » March 14th, 2014, 8:23 pm

I'd take ranch dip.
rad59

Return to Tomatoes