Is this a good meal plan for a 15 year old?

Postby taurino78 » March 14th, 2014, 11:49 am

I'm 15 years old, 5'5, and 140 lbs. I've gained a lot of weight this year and I'm currently trying to get down to 100 lbs. I am also a vegan, so I don't eat animal products, and I will not eat carbohydrates since they're bad for you, and they scare me honestly. They screwed up my last diet, so this is what I eat now...
Breakfast: Smoothie- 3-5 medium sized strawberries, a handful of blueberries, and 1/2 a cup of Original Almond Milk with Ice.
Lunch: Salad-Spinach, pepper, cherry tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, blackberries, and natural balsamic (not the dressing kind)
Dinner: Steamed Vegetables with Black beans
This is what I typically eat and, if I get hungry for a snack, I'll have a handful of berries or almonds. I also drink water with every meal and in between.
I exercise for 2 hours everyday, which included one hour of cardio, usually running, and then one hour of abdominal and leg "targeted" exercises.
taurino78

Postby grosvenor55 » March 14th, 2014, 11:54 am

" I will not eat carbohydrates since they're bad for you" - I hate when people say this. You need carbs to live! Your meal plan has carbs. Why? Because without them, you would die. Almost everything has carbs. Carbs give you energy. You mean you want a low-fat carb diet.

You need carbs to live. And your meal plan does have carbs.

___

EDIT: Anyway, since you're vegan, add some more beans and legumes for protein. And seeds and nuts for healthy fats. Maybe try tofu once a week. I was vegetarian before, but mainly vegan because the only animal product I ate was egg.

2 EDIT: @Samina - Can't you read? They said that they are a vegan. Which means they do not eat meat or cheese, or any other animal product. You do not need animal products to get your nutrition. All humans used to be vegan. We never used to eat meat.
grosvenor55

Postby hring8 » March 14th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Yes! It's a good meal plan! And wow! You're a vegan :) That's great! I'd like to try that meal plan of yours. He he. You still need carbohydrates to your diet but not too much. Just avoid food with high in cholesterol, sodium, sugar and fats. It will ruin your diet.

I ? this -> Lunch: Salad-Spinach, pepper, cherry tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, blackberries, and natural balsamic (not the dressing kind).

Keep it up!:)
hring8

Postby siwili » March 14th, 2014, 12:16 pm

100lbs is extremely light and probably not a weight you should be aiming for... Your diet is healthy but the severe lack of carbs will cause you to have a lack of energy, and more importantly disrupt hormone production that is essential in someone your age. I suggest having SOME carbs. They will not necessarily result in weight gain if you dont over eat
siwili

Postby gionnan16 » March 14th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Oh gosh , im 13 5'0 and weigh 120 ._. I wish i could weigh 100 but honestly your weight seems fine . Check your BMI on google . Mine came up im actually normal weight .

But if you really want to weigh 100 , yes your meal plan seems very healthy . Just make sure you do get enough food because getting less food than you need doesnt help either .

Hope i helped a little(:
gionnan16

Postby cidro52 » March 14th, 2014, 12:25 pm

yes that is fine but add some protein like meat cheese once in a week. otherwise you might not get full vitamin which is very important for this age.
cidro52

Return to Tomatoes