Is there any way to throw some bacon into this?

Postby bob » March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 am

This evening, I'm having a dinner for 8. Except for myself and one other guest, everyone else is male....so I'm thinking bacon.

So far the menu is ribs and cole slaw, scallops and a tomato mozzarella salad. There will be a bread and oil plate, crackers and cheeses, veggies and dip...but none of that is set in stone.

Better ideas welcome...I don't want to have to serve, so it's mostly buffet style foods....and how can I work in the bacon?
bob

Postby unwyn » March 22nd, 2014, 5:01 am

2 ideas:

1) Chop bacon into small bits. Cook them in a saucepan, then pour the bbq sauce for your ribs into the saucepan and let the bacon and its grease cook into the sauce, should give it a nice flavor.

2) Make bacon your dessert. Chocolate-covered bacon. If you've never had it, it may sound gross but it is food perfection. It's really simple to make, melt chocolate and dredge your cooked bacon in it. Let it harden on wax paper.
unwyn

Postby birkee80 » March 22nd, 2014, 5:07 am

Although it sounds weird, I prefer my bacon (Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon) to be cooked in beer. Also here is a link to a recipe for some beer bacon and cheddar bread. (Very unusual and guaranteed to get good feedback!!!
http://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/08/03/beer-bacon-and-cheddar-bread-recipe
birkee80

Postby garrin » March 22nd, 2014, 5:22 am

Although it sounds weird, I prefer my bacon (Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon) to be cooked in beer. Also here is a link to a recipe for some beer bacon and cheddar bread. (Very unusual and guaranteed to get good feedback!!!
http://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/08/03/beer-bacon-and-cheddar-bread-recipe
Ribs and cole slaw is begging for those baked beans with bacon you always see at summer picnic celebrations. That's the kind of stuff men seem to love and women seem to hate (because of the bean after-effects). I'm not a bean fan, but it always seems to be a big hit at those events.

Or you could wear DM's famous bacon bra. Lol.
garrin

Postby chlodwig » March 22nd, 2014, 5:31 am

Wrap the scallops in bacon and broil or add crumbled cooked bacon to the cole slaw or the tomato /mozzarella salad, or sprinkle crumbled cooked bacon into the cheese or to the dip or serve cooked brown sugared bacon as a topping for ice cream as dessert. YUM= )
chlodwig

Postby hutton46 » March 22nd, 2014, 5:32 am

Wrap the scallops with it or cook it until it's very crisp and throw it into the cole slaw.
hutton46

Postby harrington » March 22nd, 2014, 5:42 am

diced bacon crisped up would be amazing with the scallops!!! serve it scattered over them with the tomato! yum x
harrington

Postby yul99 » March 22nd, 2014, 5:48 am

you just made me hungry. how about wrapping small sausages in bacon.yum!
yul99

Return to Tomatoes