Do I need more carbs and vegetables, less fruit?

Postby darcio » May 29th, 2012, 2:33 am

Here's my diet: (I'm 5'5", 114 pounds, 18 yr old female. Workout 1 hr, 15 min 5 days a week-35 min cardio, 40 min strength)

Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 single serving container 0% Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt, 1/4 cup Nature's Path Granola, 1/4 cup organic milled flaxseeds, glass of skim milk.

Lunch: 1 apple, handful of carrots, salad (egg white, 1/4 avocado, handful chickpeas, spinach lettuce, handful tomatoes, fat free balsamic vinagrette dressing), and 2 cartons of skim milk.

Snack: (Before I workout) Apple
Snack: (After I workout) 8 almonds, normally snack on some grapes/pineapple

Dinner: glass of skim milk, an orange, veggie burger plain, lots of raw carrots.

Dessert: Apple (normally snack a little more on grapes)

Am I consuming too much fruit? Is there something I need to add (like more protein, more carbs, less fruit)?

Should I replace an orange with a sweet potato or another vegetable?

Am I being obsessive?
darcio

Postby fowler » May 29th, 2012, 2:36 am

well u need 6-14 carbs servings of carbs (serving size is the size of a fist), 5 fruits (serving size is 1/2 cup), 5 servings of veggies (1/2 = 1 serving), 2-3 servings of dairy (around one cup is one serving), 2-3 servings of protein (about 3 oz is one serving) hope this helps!
fowler

Postby dor » May 29th, 2012, 2:49 am

No Audrey, conventional wisdom is all wrong on diet.
You need to change over to a paleolithic type diet because that is the fuel of the design period of the human body. Fat and Protein and lowish carbs. Drop the skim milk, no dairy. The most successful athletes in the world are starting to eat paleo and they are improving in all areas continually.
Just look into it at least. You owe it to yourself.
dor

Return to Tomatoes