How many calories in average portion of pasta, tomato sauce with bacon and cheese?

How many calories in average portion of pasta, tomato sauce with bacon and cheese?

Postby bidziil » February 24th, 2013, 7:30 pm

To make the sauce we use tinned tomatoes and tomato puree, we add onions, mushrooms and bacon, cheese on top, brown pasta
I need to know because I'm trying to count my calories :)
bidziil

Postby enno81 » February 24th, 2013, 7:41 pm

It depends on the proportions of each one of those ingredients and what you consider to be an "average portion." If you really want to count, you can look up the number of calories per ounce in each one of the ingredients and add them up.

It is good that this is a home made dish. That is a help, but perhaps you want to look into other foods that are not quite as difficult to digest. Calories from fruit and veggies sometimes burn up more calories to digest than they have, so in that sense they are negative calorie foods. Bacon and cheese on the other hand are heavy and may add more pounds per number of calories. Some foods like wild salmon have enzymes in them that help burn fat.

The point here being that counting calories rarely gives the results that people expect. Most of the effect depends on the kind of foods you choose.

Hope that was a help. Have fun and eat delicious foods... the fresher the better.
enno81

Return to Tomatoes