Can't cope with my out of control children... PLEASE HELP!!?

Postby ferdinando97 » June 17th, 2012, 3:33 am

PLEASE HELP!!!!! my 3 and 4 year old are trashing my house every single morning,. I can't handle it anymore, they have poured 2 litres of milk all into my brand new sofa, all over the cushions,.. Had to get a new one,. To the new one, in about 3 days it's been covered in tomato ketchup, hair gel, sudocrem, butter,.. And anything else they can get their hands on,.they pull all the DVDs out, take em out of their boxes an just leave em on the floor,. Rag absolutely anything out they can cause destruction with,. Toothpaste, bongella,... This has been going on now for nearly 2 years and I haven't a clue how to stop them,. Iv tried everything,. Naughty step, removing their toys, they both literally just laugh in my face.. Please help this is so frustrating I can't tell you,.
ferdinando97

Postby kendell21 » June 17th, 2012, 3:35 am

You don't have children that are out of control.

YOU are out of control. What are YOU doing while they are doing all these things?
kendell21

Postby arv » June 17th, 2012, 3:42 am

I tink ur mad to get a new sofa.
get a second hand leather sofa or buy a new leather sofa..no fabric stuff.
u need to be consistant. maybe make a rule of food and drinks only at table and whenever they stick to it encourage and praise them and have a chart stuck somewhere they can see with stickers everytime they listen to you when you tell them to stop something and tell them everytime they get a full chart of stars they get a present or a special treat (but not food related treat)
arv

Postby alured99 » June 17th, 2012, 3:45 am

It's difficult but you just gotta be one step ahead of them.. Get up earlier than them, etc. They are seeking attention from you, so yes, you need to keep them entertained until they used up all their energy. Mine is active and acts up when bored. They can only play independently at home for so long. Taking them to parks or playgrounds whenever you can...
alured99

Postby coburn » June 17th, 2012, 4:01 am

Gee whoda thunk that leaving them alone for long periods of time (come on, where are you long enough that they get a jug of milk out and dump it all over the sofa?) and then telling them how bad they are isn't teaching them to be better children?

Read K's links. i dunno if she had this one in there. http://www.ahaparenting.com/parenting-tools/positive-discipline/use-positive-discipline
coburn

Postby jorel » June 17th, 2012, 4:05 am

You've tried everything horrid but have you tried...giving them attention?They sound bored and unsupervised.Take them out,play with them,keep things out of their reach,entertain them!!
jorel

Postby thacher » June 17th, 2012, 4:07 am

have u tried making sure they cant get these things? making them clean the mess? have u tried keeping an eye on them.
thacher

Postby ofydd24 » June 17th, 2012, 4:25 am

yes, of course this has been happening since one child was 1.

troll.
ofydd24

Postby aristotelis76 » June 17th, 2012, 4:31 am

if your children are able to do all that its not done in an instant is it.......by putting this question on yahoo answers you have openly admitted your children are left unattended for long periods of time.

if you really feel you've tried everything and you really are at your wits end have you not spoken to y our health visitor who may have different suggestions to try or even going to your local childrens centre and asking for guidance or tips/help from an outreach worker?

if you dont ask for help soon then the "help" will come to you and that is not good.

they are probably laughing in your face because your not following your actions through by the sounds of it......you say removing their toys, KEEP THEM REMOVED, dont hand them back after like 1 day!! they will understand they cant keep on once they have no toys and are all being stored in your loft that they cant access.

after 2 years your lucky there has been no outside intervention already.....i know of familys that have lost their children to the local authority within a year because of similar circumstances and it always turned out to be a lack of interaction between the child/children and their parents.

as much as it looks like i nagged ya, i dont mean it horribly you just need to remember YOUR THEIR MOTHER NOT THEIR DOOR MAT TO BE WALKED ALL OVER.......positive reinforcement is probably all thats needed :)
aristotelis76

Postby cain » June 17th, 2012, 4:39 am

I am exactly the same hun so dont worry, except mine are 2 & 4years old. It seems everything you do from attention to discipline doesnt work! You could look at what foods they are eating, e numbers will make them hyper. Try doing things with them at set times, ie get up, breakfast, watch tele, drawing, dinner time, nap, play, help clean up with you, tea time, bath supper bed. Just a thought, im trying it with mine lol. Good luck. I can see you are getting abit of stick & people saying you are leaving them unattended, i would just like to say I DO NOT LEAVE MY CHILDREN UNATTENDED, they simply do stuff infront of me. Im sure everyone who has got young children can relate to this, nobody has the perfect child! So quit with the criticism & give her ideas, thats why people write on here you know! x
cain

Next

Return to Tomatoes