Have i done the right thing in this relationship?

Postby holdin » February 25th, 2014, 7:49 am

ok so i have been going out with this boy for six months. it must be noted we are very different people. its been difficult, and we have had so many fights. there are always other girls trying to get in with him and he tends to lie. on the plus side though he is so kind to me and is so so generous. he never cheated on me let me make that clear. he also loves me, and he tells me that every day and he genuinely does love me. he promised me he would change after we had had our first couple of fights.

so a couple of weekends ago my mum caught us doing stuff together and she got really mad and he left and we both agreed that we would work through it. but then last weekend he lied to me over something (about telling someone something) and then apologised and everything and then he lied again on monday. i felt so so betrayed and i was fighting with him. i said i wasnt sure if i could handle the relationship anymore and he begged me to stay. i said i didnt know what was going to happen. he said that he would change, and he sent me roses and a card and he tried so hard to change and improve even over those few days,

by this point i wasnt sure if i loved him anymore. i just felt so betrayed and i was mulling over everything this week and i just felt like it wasnt worth it anymore so i broke up with him last night. he was so so so so so upset and really wanted me to stay but said that if its what i wanted then i had to go. hes done so much **** in the past, and im about to enter my final year in school and i feel like i dont need the extra stress. i feel so bad though because i feel like i didnt even give him that chance... we have agreed to be friends but hes still in love with me and idk..... do you think ive made the right decision? he's still so upset and he is also fighting with his family.

i said to him i couldnt do it anymore.. and i cant but at the same time i didnt give him the chance to prove himself. also what do you think its ok for being friends? do we see each other in the future? sorry im just so confused and i feel awful
holdin

Postby maureo » February 25th, 2014, 7:49 am

ok so i have been going out with this boy for six months. it must be noted we are very different people. its been difficult, and we have had so many fights. there are always other girls trying to get in with him and he tends to lie. on the plus side though he is so kind to me and is so so generous. he never cheated on me let me make that clear. he also loves me, and he tells me that every day and he genuinely does love me. he promised me he would change after we had had our first couple of fights.

so a couple of weekends ago my mum caught us doing stuff together and she got really mad and he left and we both agreed that we would work through it. but then last weekend he lied to me over something (about telling someone something) and then apologised and everything and then he lied again on monday. i felt so so betrayed and i was fighting with him. i said i wasnt sure if i could handle the relationship anymore and he begged me to stay. i said i didnt know what was going to happen. he said that he would change, and he sent me roses and a card and he tried so hard to change and improve even over those few days,

by this point i wasnt sure if i loved him anymore. i just felt so betrayed and i was mulling over everything this week and i just felt like it wasnt worth it anymore so i broke up with him last night. he was so so so so so upset and really wanted me to stay but said that if its what i wanted then i had to go. hes done so much **** in the past, and im about to enter my final year in school and i feel like i dont need the extra stress. i feel so bad though because i feel like i didnt even give him that chance... we have agreed to be friends but hes still in love with me and idk..... do you think ive made the right decision? he's still so upset and he is also fighting with his family.

i said to him i couldnt do it anymore.. and i cant but at the same time i didnt give him the chance to prove himself. also what do you think its ok for being friends? do we see each other in the future? sorry im just so confused and i feel awful
maureo

Postby macgowan57 » February 25th, 2014, 7:51 am

Trust is vital in any relationship. Obviously you felt that you couldn't trust him, and that is a big deal. If you feel like you don't love him anymore, you definitely did the right thing. It wouldn't be fair to either of you to stay in a relationship in which you don't feel the same way. If you DO find that you still love him, though, don't take him back UNLESS he makes those changes and stops lying. You deserve to be treated the right way, and you both need to understand that before you continue any relationship with him. Good luck!
macgowan57

Return to Roses