Wilty orchid blooms, will they come back after watering or should I cut them off?

Wilty orchid blooms, will they come back after watering or should I cut them off?

Postby llwybyr » February 14th, 2014, 6:33 pm

I got a Just Add Ice orchid a few days ago on valentines day. My boyfriend who didn't know what an orchid even was bought one with droopy flowers. At first I thought it may have been over watered because it was sitting in water when I got it. So I drained the water, and went out of town for the weekend. While I was gone it got really dry and the blooms wilted even more. I have just watered it with a few ice cubes. Can blooms wilt and come back? Or should I cut them back and how far should I cut them back? The leaves are very health looking and the roots are firm and healthy also. There is also a wilted unopened bud, is it possible that it is at the end of a blooming cycle or is that for sure not the case since there are still unopened buds? Thanks for any advice :)
llwybyr

Postby nyle33 » February 14th, 2014, 6:36 pm

The site has information. After the orchid gets dry try the following.
If the roots do not get wet with the ice, the plant can sit in water to get the bottom roots wet and then pour the water out.
nyle33

Return to Orchids