What are the flowers that are from Romania and are dyed from the blood of vampire bats called?

What are the flowers that are from Romania and are dyed from the blood of vampire bats called?

Postby kosmas » January 23rd, 2014, 5:31 pm

I was reading a book and i forgot what the flowers are called but they are black flowers imported from Romania and are said to be dyed with the blood vampire bats.
kosmas

Postby birkhead » January 23rd, 2014, 5:31 pm

I was reading a book and i forgot what the flowers are called but they are black flowers imported from Romania and are said to be dyed with the blood vampire bats.
birkhead

Postby elidor » January 23rd, 2014, 5:36 pm

The most popular flower types which have black flower varieties are:

Black Lily
Aside the Tiger Lily, which can also be considered a black flower, the most popular varieties of black lilies are: “Black Spider” Asiatic lily in black&white, black-red “Black Beauty” lily variety and “Black Jack” lily.

Black Calla Lilies
Carrying shades of black-burgundy, eggplant or dark maroon, black calla lilies are one of the “blackest" species of black flowers. Popular varieties of black calla lilies include: “Black Forrest”, “Black Star”, “Black Pearl” or “Naomi Campbell”.

Black Orchid
Black orchids vary in color from dark burgundy, to maroon and deep purple, comprising hundreds of species, although they are the rarest varieties of orchids. These black flowers suggest elegance and sophistication, usually having a discrete and soft scent.

Black Rose
Although true black roses do not exist in nature, some of the darkest shades of burgundy roses or midnight purple roses appear to the eye as being black. This black flower is a token of tragic love and death, but it also represents devotion and strength, conveying a message of “farewell”.

Black Tulip
The black tulip has been a challenge to hybridizers everywhere since the eponymous novel by Alexandre Dumas made a sensation in the 1850s. Although the black pigment cannot be naturally synthesized in plants, some of these tulips can be considered black flowers: the “Queen of Night”, “Black Hero”, “Black Diamond” and “Black Parrot”.

Black Carnation
Black carnations were obtained by Australian scientists when mixing blue with dark red carnations. The variety obtained was called “Moonshadow”. This type of black flower conveys mourning and death.
elidor

Postby aler56 » January 23rd, 2014, 5:47 pm

From what i know that is pure fiction :)
aler56

Return to Orchids