Proper etiquette while visiting for memorial day?

Postby banjiman49 » October 20th, 2013, 7:49 pm

I have just moved to the US - My friend's mom has invited me for memorial day dinner and I was wondering if I should buy something for the host like wine or anything, I am not sure what the tradition is - Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
banjiman49

Postby odam » October 20th, 2013, 7:50 pm

I have just moved to the US - My friend's mom has invited me for memorial day dinner and I was wondering if I should buy something for the host like wine or anything, I am not sure what the tradition is - Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
sure, if you know how to choose a good one. or you could bring a bouquet of fresh flowers, not roses like on valentine's day, but a mixed spring bouquet. or a pretty blooming plant like an orchid or hydrangea, these are usually wrapped in colored foil with a ribbon. you can probably find the flowers or plant at a supermarket. or if you can cook, then bring a homemade dessert that is popular in your country. or stop at a bakery and get a tray of petite-fours, small cakes with icing.
odam

Postby andre » October 20th, 2013, 8:00 pm

I agree with Sunshine. A pie or cake or maybe even a 2 liter soft drink, but don't show up empty handed.
andre

Postby ingram » October 20th, 2013, 8:01 pm

It would be fun if you brought an apple pie or pecan pie.
ingram

Return to Orchids