PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! ITS DUE TOMOOROW!!!!!!?

Postby roderik » September 20th, 2013, 12:33 am

i need a serioud anwser asap
what are some desert medicine plants in australia????
NO SCIENTIFIC TALK!! IM ONLY IN YR 7 AND I HAVE TO DO A TALK TO IT TOMORROW AND I LOST MY WORK SO I NEED TO START AGAIN!!!
PLEZE ANSWER!!!!!
roderik

Postby garafeld » September 20th, 2013, 12:34 am

Aboriginal Use of Plants for Medicinal Purposes
There are limited records and resources of medicinal plant use by the aborigines but some records have been preserved from early European explorers and some aboriginal resources. The Eucalyptus tree species of Australia was used in the treatment of coughs and colds by aboriginal people, as was the Hibiscus; there were various aboriginal remedies for diarrhea including the use of raspberry leaves, the gum of eucalyptus and the orchid (Cymbidium madidum).
A poultice made from the coolibah tree (Eucalyptus microtheca) was used for snake bites; insects bites were relieved with the juice of young bracken stems. Finally, an aboriginal form of contraception to prevent pregnancy was the eating of Exocarpus latifolious 'cherry' leaves or the fruit of the Quinine bush (Petalostigma pubeescens

Read more: http://ethnobotany.suite101.com/article.cfm/australian_aboriginal_native_plant_use#ixzz0GQAFt8Sa&B

http://ethnobotany.suite101.com/article.cfm/australian_aboriginal_native_plant_use

The bush coconut or bloodwood Eucalyptus terminalis is another food source for Aboriginal people. A grub causes the tree to produce the gall which creates a white flesh on the inside surrounding the grub. The grub contains a lot of moisture and is an important emergency water supply. Water can also be found in the root system of the tree. The red sap of the tree is used as a disinfectant

The fruit salad bush or apple bush Pterocaulon sphacelatum is very common throughout Central Australia, and is an important medicinal plant. It is used for coughs and colds. The flower, put in the nose and inhaled will clear the sinus. The ground leaves when mixed with animal fat is rubbed on the chest to relieve congestion

Acacia tetragonophylla dead finish is another very useful bush food. Its seeds can be eaten, and the foliage is a useful bush medicine. The spines are used as a cure for warts. They can be pushed into the base of a wart and after a week or two the wart will become dry and drop off

http://www.abc.net.au/australianetwork/nexus/stories/s1893453.htm
garafeld

Postby fingal » September 20th, 2013, 12:42 am

I found these great sites about Aussie Deserts, the Aboriginal culture and plants used for medicinal reasons. I hope you find what you need.
fingal

Postby reginhard » September 20th, 2013, 12:48 am

I found these great sites about Aussie Deserts, the Aboriginal culture and plants used for medicinal reasons. I hope you find what you need.
mining machines. you know the ones that dig out opal and stuff.
reginhard

Return to Orchids