My orchid is losing its flowers,what can I do ?

Postby loyal » March 5th, 2014, 4:31 am

I water it once a week but it keeps getting worse, help me please! it's very important to me
loyal

Postby aurelio92 » March 5th, 2014, 4:35 am

I have always wanted an orchid, but wasn't willing to pay $30 or $40 for one. Winn-Dixie finally put some on sale for $20 and I splurged and bought one. It is so lovely, full of blooms, pink with purple centers. The directions say to place 3 ice cubes (not water) in the pot once a week, which I have been doing. I have now had it for about a month, and the blooms are still lovely. My sister had one with blooms that were pretty for months. The directions also said not to put it in a draft or direct sunlight. If you have done all 3 of these: water it with ice cubes, no drafts, no direct sunlight, and your orchid is still losing its flowers, I don't know what else to tell you except be patient & wait for it to bloom again.
aurelio92

Postby carlos73 » March 5th, 2014, 4:44 am

The flowers only last a week or 2 then the orchid has to rest and get food(fertilizer once a month) till it can get the energy to flower again. If you want flowers that never die you need a silk orchid from Michael's. I did that once and it confused everyone. The orchid plant was real but the stem and flowers were silk from Michael's. People would look at it strange. No plant flowers forever.
carlos73

Return to Orchids