October wedding ideas?

October wedding ideas?

Postby leifur » January 22nd, 2014, 6:49 pm

I want to have a wedding (on the casual side, but with a sense of formality) in October. Throw out your ideas on cake, decor, and anything! Color ideas? Flowers? Be creative!
leifur

October wedding ideas?

Postby hugo77 » January 22nd, 2014, 6:52 pm

Well I WOULD recommend you have your ceremony outdoors to embrace the beautiful gold, red, and purple leaves, but, things may not go as expected and it might rain and be cloudy instead. So I can't really say much about that.
For your wedding colors, I recommend you use bold and deep colors, like burgundy and plum, with touches of gold or orange or yellow. (Ivory and black would go nicely with any color.) I believe that your wedding cake should be based upon your wedding colors and wedding theme (which would be autumn, in your case). I've seen some gorgeous autumn wedding cakes with sugar maple leaves, lined with some edible metallic gold glitter. Some tasty flavors to compliment the season would be pumpkin, carrot cake, caramel, and apple. Of course, you can't go wrong with the classic white cake either.
Regarding the reception meal, you could have a Thanksgiving-like meal, with stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, squash soup, etc. If you think your guests won't enjoy your wedding cake, you can always have an extra dessert table, with pumpkin pie (or pumpkin cheesecake!), five spice cake, dulce de leche, etc.
And, of course, you can't forget the flowers! Purple calla lilies, yellow roses, aubergine lilies, and freckled vanda orchids are great flower options for your bouquet. You can also add some red hypericum berries or even acorns and oak leaves. Dust some finely-powdered gold glitter on top for a glamorous touch.
Either of the above flowers would make great centerpieces, but if you want to stray away from the usual floral centerpieces, go for some classic candles! Candles add a romantic and serene touch for any reception. You can place a wreath of autumn leaves around the candles. Or maybe you can pour water in a tall vase and put a floating tealight candle on top for a unique look. You can also use numerous vases with different heights, or different colored/scented candles.

That's all the tips I can give you for now, lol, but I hoped I helped. :)
hugo77

October wedding ideas?

Postby dovev » January 22nd, 2014, 6:54 pm

Well I WOULD recommend you have your ceremony outdoors to embrace the beautiful gold, red, and purple leaves, but, things may not go as expected and it might rain and be cloudy instead. So I can't really say much about that.
For your wedding colors, I recommend you use bold and deep colors, like burgundy and plum, with touches of gold or orange or yellow. (Ivory and black would go nicely with any color.) I believe that your wedding cake should be based upon your wedding colors and wedding theme (which would be autumn, in your case). I've seen some gorgeous autumn wedding cakes with sugar maple leaves, lined with some edible metallic gold glitter. Some tasty flavors to compliment the season would be pumpkin, carrot cake, caramel, and apple. Of course, you can't go wrong with the classic white cake either.
Regarding the reception meal, you could have a Thanksgiving-like meal, with stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, squash soup, etc. If you think your guests won't enjoy your wedding cake, you can always have an extra dessert table, with pumpkin pie (or pumpkin cheesecake!), five spice cake, dulce de leche, etc.
And, of course, you can't forget the flowers! Purple calla lilies, yellow roses, aubergine lilies, and freckled vanda orchids are great flower options for your bouquet. You can also add some red hypericum berries or even acorns and oak leaves. Dust some finely-powdered gold glitter on top for a glamorous touch.
Either of the above flowers would make great centerpieces, but if you want to stray away from the usual floral centerpieces, go for some classic candles! Candles add a romantic and serene touch for any reception. You can place a wreath of autumn leaves around the candles. Or maybe you can pour water in a tall vase and put a floating tealight candle on top for a unique look. You can also use numerous vases with different heights, or different colored/scented candles.

That's all the tips I can give you for now, lol, but I hoped I helped. :)
Fall weddings are so pretty. I would do purple and orange. Here is an Inspiration board for your viewing.

http://www.firstqueen.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/orange-and-purple-weddings.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MM2H9fS8bms/S4s3_MWZFvI/AAAAAAAAASs/cpRL5UHHPPA/s1600-h/motif_purple+and+orange1.jpg
dovev

October wedding ideas?

Postby dan » January 22nd, 2014, 7:04 pm

Awesome inspirations:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AuHQY49h9.XPdOemwcEB.vCbvZx4?p=autumn+wedding+ideas&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

Good luck!
dan

Return to Orchids