My phalaenopsis orchid is dying. can and how do i save it?

Postby lane » September 18th, 2012, 8:02 am

Some of the pedlas and steams started turning yellow a week ago and I thought I was over.watering it. I went on vacation for four days and when I came back all of the peadles have fallen off and e whole steam is a pale yellow however the leaves are still green. Is there anything I can do to revive it? I don't get a lot of natural light in my home so I also never really know where a good place to keep it is
lane

Postby eleder24 » September 18th, 2012, 8:09 am

Why don't you stay home for a day and see where most of the sunlight is coming from to your back yard/front yard. Where that place is, put your orchid.

Also make sure you water it maybe once a day (early morning or evenings). Maybe sometimes water it once every two or three days if you fear you are over watering.

If it is not a young plant, add some fertiliser but you have to be careful not to over do this else your plant will die.
eleder24

Postby zeev97 » September 18th, 2012, 8:13 am

Orchids can be fussy flowers to cultivate; but the attractive blooms they yield are more than worth the effort. Here are several recommendations that will help your orchids to thrive.

Growing Medium: Orchids won't grow well in regular potting soil. This type of growing medium is usually too dense and can collect throughout the plant's roots and suffocate them. Rather than using ordinary potting soil, you'll need to use a specific orchid growing medium made up of a mixture of organic and inorganic materials. The orchids roots should be kept well ventilated by making certain that the medium isn't packed too densely and that you select a pot that is the right size for the plant. You don't want a container that's too large because it will hold a lot of liquid that your orchid doesn't want, which can bring about root rot.

Orchid Care - http://www.perennial-gardens.com/flower-articles/tips-for-growing-orchids.htm

Basics of Orchids - http://www.perennial-gardens.com/flower-articles/basics-of-orchid-care.htm
zeev97

Return to Orchids