Where is the best place to get a scrap carpet?

Postby cosgrove14 » March 17th, 2014, 7:33 pm

I need about 5' by 8' and I am using it for yard to prevent weeds to grow back in certain area as well as protect the area from harsh lawn mower... I used to lay a carpet down on my car port and it worked wonderfully, but this time I just need a small size. i do not want to be buying a nice brand new carpet that can be expensive.. I do not know. I am thinking about Lowe's as I hate Home Depot business practice.
cosgrove14

Postby criostoir83 » March 17th, 2014, 7:40 pm

=== go to lowes and find the carpet layers and ask for a take out carpet ... . . OK
criostoir83

Postby darran31 » March 17th, 2014, 7:44 pm

I use to get all kinds of building materials (interior stuff) from a local shopping mall.
When they renovate a store for a new tenant, they rip out everything...and i mean everything.
Keep your eyes & ears open and check with the mall manager for this kind of 'flip', and when one gets underway speak with the work crew.
In my case they just put everything into dumpsters.
I bought them a couple of pizzas and a 12 pack of coke and I had free unlimited access to anything I wanted; which equaled several households of carpet, insulation, electrical stuff, water heaters...and all top notch quality and heavy duty.
It's worth getting a truck and grabbing all you can; your friends will come to you & buy some stuff and who knows but maybe you can make a buck or two.
darran31

Postby ingram » March 17th, 2014, 7:50 pm

Get a phone book and look for a carpet layer and tell them your need for the carpet.
ingram

Postby chisulo » March 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Check with apartment managers. they would be glad for you to haul off their old carpet.
chisulo

Return to Lawns and Turf