There might be hidden drugs in the back of my house can I call 911 to send a police drug dog to search?

There might be hidden drugs in the back of my house can I call 911 to send a police drug dog to search?

Postby padgett55 » February 2nd, 2015, 10:27 am

My property is shared with another house, the drive way leads all the way up to the wall behind our houses. My property is shaped as a huge square with pavement covered to form a T making up the driveway which both our houses share, the houses are to the left and right seperated by the driveway and a front lawn for both houses separated by the driveway as well. We have no fence to block the driveway leading to the back so anyone can just walk as they wish if they wanted to and possibly store stuff back there. We use the back as storage and parking our cars.Again the back just has pavement and no grass. No cars were parked in the driveway and today my neighbor saw a car with a man outside his car who was parked in our driveway all the way in the back near the trash cans where there is dirt as if he was snooping around. My neighbor got back from work around 8 o'clock at night and couldn't park her car so she stopped half way and backed up to let the car out of the driveway and she assumed this guy was someone my family knew who came to visit so she didn't think too much of it. She went to ask my mom who that was since she never saw him before and he was a white guy (no offense) and we are Mexican. We told her that we didn't know anyone like that and this isn't the first time its happened. Its happened a lot of times that random people snoop in the back of our homes so I'm worried that they might be using our property to store drugs or something and having others pick them up from our place. There was another other case where two guys around the age of 18 or so were walking into the back of our house and as they reached the back of the house my dad came out and saw them and asked them what they were doing there and they just ignored my dad and walked out of our property. So my question is, is it possible to have the cops bring in a dog to search for drugs in our property and would we be held liable for them if there is any since it is in our property.
padgett55

Postby garey » February 2nd, 2015, 10:30 am

If the pigz come & find drugs on your property you go to jail, it doesn't matter who calls them or who the drugs belong to.
garey

Postby colson » February 2nd, 2015, 10:40 am

CAN YOU CALL 911 TO SEND A POLICE DRUG DOG TO SEARCH? Yes if and only if you have solid or concrete evidence that there are really sack of drugs in the back of your house, otherwise, the police and the other house can file a case against you for malicious mischief or false alarm. You could be fine or send to jail or both. You are not in the position to call the police to search the other house, you are not a law enforcer and only a civilian. Therefore, any false pretention or false information will lead you to be charge by the police for calling them and they found nothing in that house. Like the famous line "judge not and you shall not be judge" and the other famous quote " do not judge the book by its cover". It is only apparent to me that what you are doing is sizing up the people coming in and out of the place without seeing any drugs or close to this in that place, if you really want to help the police you can take photos or video of the transaction, but of course this will be risky and could cost you your life. But at least you got evidence to present the police once they respond to your call 911.
colson

Postby ashwin » February 2nd, 2015, 10:42 am

You should use the non emergency number, that does not meet the criteria for a 911 emergency. If there is a dog available, they would probably send one. No, you wouldn't be liable if the property is shared and you were the caller.
ashwin

Postby kenney » February 2nd, 2015, 10:51 am

Sure. Your post is a hoax, of course.
kenney

Postby darry » February 2nd, 2015, 10:53 am

Well you have no proof. Lol
darry

Return to Lawns and Turf