Property developers want to build a playground-can I object if I wasn't made aware of this when purchasing?

Property developers want to build a playground-can I object if I wasn't made aware of this when purchasing?

Postby ciss78 » March 15th, 2014, 3:05 am

I bought a property last march and there is small strip of green lawn between my block and the facing block of flats/houses. The developers have now announced plans to build a playground here. I was not aware of this when I bought the property. What are my legal rights to object?
As it is, any noise bounces between the two buildings and there simply isn't enough space to avoid any risk of damagines to the surrounding properties; we'd never be able to have our windows open let alone sleep when working nights.
ciss78

Postby noach65 » March 15th, 2014, 3:17 am

I bought a property last march and there is small strip of green lawn between my block and the facing block of flats/houses. The developers have now announced plans to build a playground here. I was not aware of this when I bought the property. What are my legal rights to object?
As it is, any noise bounces between the two buildings and there simply isn't enough space to avoid any risk of damagines to the surrounding properties; we'd never be able to have our windows open let alone sleep when working nights.
When you bought your property the Searches should have shown that this piece of land belonged to developers. That should have rung alarm bells, as you would have no idea what was going to be built there. You can object in writing to your Council. There is a process for doing this which you will find on the Councils website.
UK
noach65

Postby hydd » March 15th, 2014, 3:19 am

In any country before a developer is allowed a permit to build the developer must inform the approving authority of the use of the entire land use and the space in which certain projects are to be located.

Building the playground was not a after thought,where the developers decided on Thursday of last week that they would place a playground in this spot. they have know since inception of the development. The approving authority had to have given a permit for this construction.

Had they waited to obtain the permit later in the project then different rules would have applied. The developer might would have to inform the current residence of the plan to build the playground. Getting the approval prior to the start of the construction relieve them of informing the current residence.

Perhaps you might would have inquired of the plans for this land upon your purchase of you home.

I am not sure the developer is required to point out each space in the project and the plans of what is to be build in this space.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"
hydd

Postby artair » March 15th, 2014, 3:21 am

If they've only just announced the plans, you have a right to make your views known to the local council, who will presumably need to give consent.
artair

Return to Lawns and Turf