Need advice when dealing with a player?

Postby raul » March 23rd, 2014, 9:33 am

Okay, so there's this unbelievably good looking guy I know that I work with and I've had a crush on him for a few months now. It all started a few months ago when he started to flirt with me. At first I was thrilled, and then even happier when he started to text me. But after awhile I realized this was going absolutely no where.. Like he texts me all the time, so why not just ask me out? I even called him out on it and he was just being all cryptic and dumb about it. So anyways we've been texting and talking for about 2 months now, but just last week my friend said she saw him on a date with another girl. So I mean I know he's a player( although I heard the date didnt go well) and he obviously just likes the attention from girls, so I started to ignore him and just be bitchy hahah. But anyways, he's STILL trying, like its weird though he won't talk to me a lot when I see him, but he'll text me all the time even if I'm a ***** or I just ignore him. So my question is, how do I win? I know I'm just here to give him attention, and I feel stupid now. He just texted me, and I want to ignore him but then I see him all the time at work so I don't want to be on awkward terms.. How should I go about this?
raul

Postby fineen » March 23rd, 2014, 9:35 am

Okay, so there's this unbelievably good looking guy I know that I work with and I've had a crush on him for a few months now. It all started a few months ago when he started to flirt with me. At first I was thrilled, and then even happier when he started to text me. But after awhile I realized this was going absolutely no where.. Like he texts me all the time, so why not just ask me out? I even called him out on it and he was just being all cryptic and dumb about it. So anyways we've been texting and talking for about 2 months now, but just last week my friend said she saw him on a date with another girl. So I mean I know he's a player( although I heard the date didnt go well) and he obviously just likes the attention from girls, so I started to ignore him and just be bitchy hahah. But anyways, he's STILL trying, like its weird though he won't talk to me a lot when I see him, but he'll text me all the time even if I'm a ***** or I just ignore him. So my question is, how do I win? I know I'm just here to give him attention, and I feel stupid now. He just texted me, and I want to ignore him but then I see him all the time at work so I don't want to be on awkward terms.. How should I go about this?
A player is a player, is a player. Cut the text off, you work together. He should not be texting you at work. You could get fired. You win by not playing. Where is the law that says YOU MUST TEXT? If it gets down and dirty (my turf) Ask him if he understands what "Sexual Harassment" is. Be confident. By the way he is not a Player, he is a creep. He is an insult to my brotherhood. True players would never text. We use our eyes, verbal skills and body language to communicate. I must admit that Tom's answer, while not addressing the work problem, kind of summed it up. It made me laugh because he made the point about the cyber world. He used the word Human. My next book will be called "The Dehumanizing Effect Of Social Media" According to Tom, I'm still in the "Sand Box" so to speak. Never at work (my assistant is easily a 10+), I wouldn't even dream about it. I play with the big boys at the most popular clubs. We like challenge and thrive on competition. We can't even spell rejection, you can't hurt us, it's like we wear Teflon.
fineen

Postby taavi » March 23rd, 2014, 9:53 am

Here you go . . . . . . .

A GUIDE FOR ALL PLAYERS and PLAYETTES

HOW TO PLAY "THE DATING GAME" - - - - - THE GAME WHERE EVERYBODY LOSES !!!

it's all about YOU - don't be too eager - don't be too available - don't be too honest

think of dating as, "I'm just looking around, thank you."

stay cool - stay noncommittal - keep all your options open - try to keep something better waiting in the wings

don't give any true feelings away - don't wear your heart on your sleeve - don't ever say, "I Love You" first

don't let 'em know you're really interested - don't get emotionally involved

don't answer a phone call or email too quickly – keep 'em in suspense – leave 'em hanging

make 'em think they're smart, make 'em think they're wonderful, praise 'em, stroke their ego

leave as much as you can about yourself unsaid

tell 'em what they want to hear - Never lose the upper hand – Never give a sucker an even break

Never let 'em off the hook if you think you might be able to use 'em again sometime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~…

The Player's / Playette's entire mental attitude about love, sex, relationships, etc. : It's Just A Game!

It's all about your fun, your feelings, your ego, your power, your manipulation and your deceit.

Never let on that you want anything very serious. If you ever do, you lose!

Just do whatever it takes to barely not get “Voted Off The Island!”

They're Players / Playettes for a reason. Reason being: they don't want to settle down, but they want the goodies.

So ... if you're up for fun, then hop in the sand box; otherwise, just keep hanging from those monkey bars.

Think about it! Life isn't a CandyLand Game. It's for REAL with REAL PEOPLE - or did we forget all that in our new cyber world?

NOBODY ever wins when this sort of thing happens. SOMEONE will inevitably lose The Game.

Playing back will not and can not make you feel happy about yourself.

Sometimes winning, for you, can only mean you walk away ... alone ... with your self-respect intact.

taavi

Postby toukere49 » March 23rd, 2014, 10:02 am

I understand that it's really difficult to ignore him. If I were you, I would just look at the angle that maybe he just likes sending me text messages because he sees me as a friend. If you think that it's getting nowhere, I guess it would be better to put it that way rather than totally ignore him and be in an awkward situation at work. However, you have to be very careful since you find him attractive. Don't put colors on his text messages and consider them as friendly gestures. Control your emotion and be careful not to fall in love with him. Besides, it's better to have him as a friend rather than feeling estranged from him. If, eventually, he falls for you, then well and good. If he doesn't, be satisfied with what he can offer you. Don't linger on false hopes though because it's risky to do so. Be friends with him for now and be happy with that.
toukere49

Postby sumertun » March 23rd, 2014, 10:08 am

It sounds like he is interested in you, but he's unsure about you. I wouldn't text him back- make him wonder. Be cordial at work when you see him, but not gushing to talk to him. If he is really really into you, he will man up and ask you out.... But you have to play harder to get. Stop Lways being available when he texts you. Guys like girls who are mysterious and hard to get. And a player will stop playin the field if he has a reason to- so be the girl he cannot live without. Seriously- if you play hard to get, he will fall right into your hands.
sumertun

Postby chayim14 » March 23rd, 2014, 10:18 am

I would tell him face to face that you don't want anything to do with him anymore and that he shouldn't talk to you anymore. You're not interested.

And if you continue to text and flirt with him knowing he's a player, then any hurt you get is deserved.
chayim14

Postby brent49 » March 23rd, 2014, 10:21 am

sounds to me like you're wasting your time. kick him to the curb, he just wants the attention. you can stil lbe friends, but you deserve better
brent49

Postby georgio » March 23rd, 2014, 10:26 am

your in the friend zone. either be friends or dont be friends. if you want him you can always ask him out. good luck
georgio

Postby amasya » March 23rd, 2014, 10:30 am

Just tell him that if he wants to talk to you to actually talk to you.
amasya

Postby jeston » March 23rd, 2014, 10:42 am

Well this was pointless
jeston

Return to Lawns and Turf