Hyrdolocked Lawn mower?

Hyrdolocked Lawn mower?

Postby jestin » March 21st, 2014, 10:49 am

How much do I need to pay to fix a hydrolocked lawn mower? Or, how can I fix it?
jestin

Hyrdolocked Lawn mower?

Postby ofydd24 » March 21st, 2014, 10:49 am

How much do I need to pay to fix a hydrolocked lawn mower? Or, how can I fix it?
ofydd24

Hyrdolocked Lawn mower?

Postby chaise23 » March 21st, 2014, 10:57 am

Hydro locked means water is in the piston,
its The troll again
chaise23

Hyrdolocked Lawn mower?

Postby domenico » March 21st, 2014, 11:04 am

If it's a 4 stroke mower (the type that runs on straight petrol) And that you have tipped it on it's side. Sure the valve area fills up with oil from the crankcase & it needs to be drained! To do this remove the spark plug & rotate the engine over until such time that you feel that you have noticed lots of oil spweing out of the spark plug hole. When you are sure you have expelled it all clean the spark plug & insert it back into its place & try starting it. If it won't start then remove the plug again & check to see if oil has fouled the spark plug. If it has then you haven't removed all the oil from the valve chambers. Wash the plug in straight petrol & try again.
If you must tilt a mower onto it's side then only tip it on the opposite side of the carburator.

Cheers!!
domenico

Hyrdolocked Lawn mower?

Postby geri12 » March 21st, 2014, 11:11 am

HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS HYDRO LOCKED? JUST PULL THE SPARK PLUG OUT AND PULL THE STRING THAT WILL FORCE THE FLUID OUT. I HVE NEVER SEEN A HYDROLOCKED LAWNMOWER AND I HAVE WORKED ON MANY.
geri12

Return to Lawns and Turf