How to get rid of annoying people who sit with you at lunch un-invited?

Postby lancelin8 » May 19th, 2013, 10:03 pm

So, about 2 months ago, these girls (let's say their names are Sam and Gina) started sitting with me and my friends at lunch. Nobody had any idea who they were, we had classes with them but rarely socialized with them outside of class. They just walked up to our spot on the lawn and sat down without asking, or even saying hi.
Ever since then, they have been sitting with us and following us wherever we go and they think that they are our friends, they're not.
They don't even participate in conversations, they have one thing they do/say and that's it. Sam always complains about anything and everything. If someone said "How's your day going?" to someone else in the group she would say "Oooooohhh I'm soooo tired" in a whiney voice. Gina is the worst. Say someone said "Isn't it weird how when you buy a bag of chips, you're really buying a bag of air with chips in it?" Gina will say to herself, "Hahahhahhahahhahah bag of aaiiirrr hahahahahahahahah". WTF?
Anyways, me and my friends aren't rude people and we just want to get rid of them and have them go sit somewhere else because we can't relax and enjoyourselvess because they are just staring at us and watching our every move and they are repeating what we say.
We have tried ignoring them, and we have temporarily gotten rid of Gina by having our friend (who sits outside of the group) ask Gina if she can spy on someone.
we have no way of getting rid of Sam and permanently getting rid of the two of them and we really need your help.
If you took the time to read all of this, please tell us your insight because we are desperate. we don't want to be really mean to them unless we absolutely have to and there is no other way!
Thank you in advance!!
-7 irritated Girls
lancelin8

Postby ruff72 » May 19th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Maybe the just want more friends? There's really no need to exclude people like this. All of the situations you explained did not make them sound obnoxious. You ladies just sound cliquey and judgmental. Give people a chance, even if they're different from you. Get rid of them? Their people with feelings just like everyone else... how would you feel in their situation? Honestly... if you don't want to sit with them then just sit down after they sit down. And for the wanting to hang out with you/following you guys around part... that would be annoying... but they don't sound mean so I don't see a problem?
ruff72

Postby sacheverell » May 19th, 2013, 10:11 pm

-_-
You shouldn't be annoyed with then, they're just sitting down near you and occasionally socializing with you. It's not like people own a certain section of a lawn or cafeteria, it's free to everyone. You guys sound like you don't really understand other people and what they're doing. You don't get rid of then, you just act polite and tolerate them, and eventually after getting to know them you may very well come to like them and understand them better. There reasons for sitting near you may be different then what your reasons for sitting near people you don't really know might be.
sacheverell

Postby cullent » May 19th, 2013, 10:20 pm

tell them what you feel. nicely. let them know they're bugging you. but of course, and this is an option. you could try and talk to them, like compliment talk and ask how their day is.
cullent

Postby jorrell » May 19th, 2013, 10:25 pm

Don't be one of those girls who care about cliques. Try to be friendly and include them. One day the roles will be reversed and you'll wish you were a nicer person to those girls. If those girls are whiney say "try to be more positive" or "have a positive outlook on life". They may be trying to make new friends. Chill.
jorrell

Re: How to get rid of annoying people who sit with you at lu

Postby mannamu » August 29th, 2017, 1:15 pm

I FEEL YOU SO MUCH WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM WE NEED HELP.

Last bumped by Anonymous on August 29th, 2017, 1:15 pm.
mannamu

Return to Lawns and Turf