How can I ruin someones lawn?

Postby honon4 » February 25th, 2013, 12:15 am

My neighbor calls animal control every 2 days saying our dogs are outside everyday barking, when they spend a majority of their life inside the home. He just recently complained saying our backyard smelled of feces. Apparently, your dog crapping in your own backyard is illegal if someone is offended by it. What the hell? Anyways, I just found out we have to go to court soon because of this man. Honestly, I've had it with his bs. My girlfriend's step-dad once put something on his neighbor's lawn that killed all grass it came in contact with, and stopped grass from growing there for up to 2 years for poisoning his dog. It left yellow patches and stuff everywhere. I'm interested in something like this, but I'm not sure what he used or how to do it. How can I ruin this man's lawn since it seems to be the only thing he cares about? Well, that and harassing my family.
honon4

Postby yerachmiel66 » February 25th, 2013, 12:29 am

Your Honour:

I decline to answer the question as my answer may incriminate me in further testimony.

Annonomous!
yerachmiel66

Postby aviur44 » February 25th, 2013, 12:54 am

There are many things that will ruin a lawn however if your are already in court dispute I would advise against this tactic as he could make your life hell if he was able to prove you caused the damage.
With such a lever he could have you forced to move.
aviur44

Postby benkamin » February 25th, 2013, 1:00 am

Sounds like one great neighbor. Do the best you can to make sure your dogs aren't "harassing" him and keep your yard picked up after them. If he continues to call the animal control over nothing pretty soon they will ignore him. Forget the retaliation it will just get you into trouble.
benkamin

Postby cradoe » February 25th, 2013, 1:20 am

Sounds like one great neighbor. Do the best you can to make sure your dogs aren't "harassing" him and keep your yard picked up after them. If he continues to call the animal control over nothing pretty soon they will ignore him. Forget the retaliation it will just get you into trouble.
Be the bigger person - approach the neighbour and discuss the problem in a mature, direct and unemotional manner. Do you really want to live next door to a dustbowl for two years? Sheesh, I can't believe how many people have actually given you suggestions as to how to kill his grass. Glad I don't live next door to them. Where do you all live, Backwardsville?
cradoe

Postby macnaughton31 » February 25th, 2013, 1:36 am

You may not know it, but people have been killed in what started as some minor dispute between neighbours. These things have a way of escalating..he takes you to court, you destroy his lawn, he poisons your dog... you flattens his tires..then what?
macnaughton31

Postby kingswell79 » February 25th, 2013, 2:02 am

Mark off an area in your backyard for a garden and then have a load of fresh cow manure delivered.You will have to suffer too but the smell of dog feces will smell like perfume compared to cow poo
kingswell79

Postby akihiko » February 25th, 2013, 2:16 am

Wait until its raining and at night and then go and dump salt on his lawn. But you might have to buy a lot of it.
akihiko

Postby matz15 » February 25th, 2013, 2:19 am

It will be easier if you move out.
matz15

Postby jeriel » February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am

You never gain anything when you try to get even with someone. Doing so, will end up backfiring on you. Why do you want to keep antagonizing your neighbor? Don't give your neighbor a reason to report you to Animal Control, police, etc. In regards to the smell of dog feces, be sure to remove it from your yard as soon as you can. You may not be offended by the odor, but your neighbor is. In regards to your dog's barking, it can be so annoying to everyone, except the dog owners. When you put the dogs out to relieve themselves, watch to see if they want to come right back inside. If so, let them back in, so they won't start barking.

Doing what you can, to get rid of the tension between your neighbor & you, will create some sense of harmony with your neighbor. That's what it's all about. So what if he takes a lot of pride in his lawn? That's his right & maybe that's the only thing he has to keep him active & going, each day. Sometimes,we have to meet someone half way & that's the way "men" handle it. Trust me, if you think that getting even with your neighbor, is the way to go, you're sadly mistaken. Go to court, be civil & then try not to irritate your neighbor. You never know, what's going on in his life. He may be terribly ill, etc; so back off & do what is necessary, to keep the bad feelings from running rampant.
jeriel

Next

Return to Lawns and Turf