Does anyone else see that the NFL MAY be fixed?

Postby seignour44 » February 4th, 2015, 10:49 pm

I Honestly believe the NFL is fixed. Let me say clearly, I don’t believe players, and most coaches if any are involved. Let me make my points below, and I BEG for someone to discredit what I am saying below, as I don’t want to believe what common sense is telling me. To qualify myself, I am (was) a Steelers fan, the most successful team in the NFL, so this is not about sour grapes. Here are my MAIN points, out of many. I just didn’t want to write a book here: -Shared revenue leagues (NFL) are the easiest to succumb to fixing, as individual owners have no reason to win titles, other than ego. It would make sense that in shared revenue leagues, owners would want the most popular teams to win to maximize their total profit. This is why, in my opinion, the Giants, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, etc, are always good, and teams like Tampa, Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo rarely are good in the modern Goodell NFL’ With a salary cap, it just doesn’t make sense that certain teams never really hit a dry patch’ -2001, Before 9/11, the “Patriots” were a .500 team in 2001. Than come the 9/11 attacks, and the “tuck rule”, than the Patriots go into Pittsburgh and upset a FAR superior Steeler team, THAN all of a sudden in the Super Bowl, the “Greatest Show on Turf” St Louis Rams, forgot how to score until the 4th quarter. Throw on top what we now know about “spy-gate” and Roger Goodell ERASING the evidence tapes, and this REALLY smells now, as the Pats go on to be a dynasty for the decade. Belichick, a so-so coach in Cleveland, is now a coaching Icon. - 2005, The Steelers go to the Super Bowl and in stunning fashion winning three road games to get there, and become the first 6 seed to get to the big game. In that game against Seattle, the Steelers OPENLY get every call, and win over the #1 seeded Seahawks. After the game, Mike Holmgren says it was hard to win because the Steelers had extra players on the field (refs) and had a 4-1 advantage in the stands. The VERY popular Steelers return to glory, and Cowher gets a ring. -2005-2009, BOTH Manning brothers (darlings of the NFL) get rings, and the Patriots/Belichick BARELY get penalized for “cheating”, which is never really discussed anymore, and doesn’t tarnish the Pats recent run at all?? I know there was more in here, like a so-so Giant team upsetting none other than the undefeated national hero Patriots, but let me move on anyway. -Jump ahead to 2010 - The NFL gets sloppy on Monday Night Football, Chris Johnson, who goes on to break the NFL Rushing record later in the year, gets about an extra 50 yards rushing because Jack Del Rio is pointlessly using Time Outs down double digits at the end of the game. It later comes out that both coaches (Fisher and Del Rio) were told by ESPN officials to call their Time Outs, as ESPN needed to get more commercials in before the game ended. Fisher and Del Rio acknowledge this happened, and within 48 hours, this story is brushed under the carpet. You can still find this story online if you search, and an interesting tid-bit is neither coach was in the league since the 2010 season ended. -2012, Tim Tebow (Mr #1 in Jersey sales) really can’t throw a pass better than me, but that didn’t stop him from lighting up the #1 defense in the league in the Steelers in the play-offs’ The next week they are a completely different team, and get crushed, by the American Hero “Patriots” -2012, The New York Giants, a 9-7, 6th seeded team, defies all odds and wins the Super Bowl, in yet ANOTHER game that goes to the wire (funny how in the new modern Goodell NFL, almost all play-off and Super Bowl games go to the final seconds.) Locally, the New York media has been saying the “Big Blue can win the whole thing this year” since the season ended, which NEVER happened before. And again, Tom Coughlin, a coach who could never get out of his own way, and was about to be fired not long before, is now a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach. Again, before killing me for this, just think logically, follow the money, and remember, they rig national elections in this country. Why would the MULTI-BILLION dollar sports industry be immune??
seignour44

Postby cosgrave33 » February 4th, 2015, 10:50 pm

You are not crazy. I believe its fixed. Boxing is fixed. NBA is fixed, why not the NFL? Its entertainment and nothing else. I'm not the owner of this site but go to http://www.thefixisin.net/ website and read his book. It just confirmed everything to me. Only difference between Wrestling and other sports is that at least the WWE admits its just entertainment and nothing more. Also you don't need a lot of people to change the outcome of a game. Just get the QB to throw more interceptions than he should, or just get a o-line man to rig the game by not protecting the QB as he should or not creating gaps for the running back.
cosgrave33

Postby rhodes97 » February 4th, 2015, 11:03 pm

The best team always win and the best player always wins the MVP, what a coincidence! It must be fixed. At least you didn't relate the Saints Super Bowl with Katrina LOL. BTW, the Patriots play in the Boston area and 9/11 happened in NYC. Shouldn't the Jets or Giants have won if everything was a conspiracy?
rhodes97

Postby cunningham68 » February 4th, 2015, 11:08 pm

With as many people involved in the day to day activities of all the teams and the League I don't see how in the world it could be fixed... Not possible...
cunningham68

Postby fraine » February 4th, 2015, 11:22 pm

Then what does it say about Tampa Bay winning in 2002?
fraine

Postby istaqa » February 4th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Upset about your team losing didn't you? I know it's frustrating but c'mon.
istaqa

Postby mukki » February 4th, 2015, 11:31 pm

only if the Giants and Jets both make the 2014 SB then it will be fixed
mukki

Postby alen100 » February 4th, 2015, 11:33 pm

No Not possible
alen100

Return to Lawns and Turf