My dad just had himself committed. I don't know what to do?

Postby taffy95 » February 3rd, 2015, 5:49 pm

I can't drive and my dad was the one who drove me to my volunteer job while my mom was at work. He also was the one who washed the dishes since my mom gets a rash from dish soap. He mowed the lawn too because I can't see where I've mowed and where I haven't. I don't know how to wash the dishes or mow the lawn. I don't know how me and my mom are going to get by. I need help!
taffy95

Postby eaman56 » February 3rd, 2015, 5:58 pm

As for the driving, you can walk, bike, or take public transportation. (Bus, taxi, subway.) You don't know how to wash dishes? That's easy. This is what I do: Get a bowl or plastic container you don't need. Add some dish soap and some water. The mixture shouldn't be very thick, and not as liquidy either. Pick up a dish, dip your sponge in the mixture, squeeze out most of the mixture out of the sponge, and rub the sponge all over the dish. Tada. Or you could just add a bit of dish soap to the plate or whatever you're washing and rub. Try washing the dishes after every meal instead of letting it pile up. It makes life easier. Buy a pair of rubber gloves for doing the dishes. Dish soap isn't good for your hand and you're better off wearing gloves. That way your mom could also do the dishes if she gets the time. But I suggest you do it since your moms going to be working and everything. For mowing the lawn, just start from the very end of your lawn. Walk straight in a line until you reach the end and you've mowed a straight line. Then turn the mower around right next to the line you just mowed and do another straight line until you've done the whole lawn.
eaman56

Postby derrian76 » February 3rd, 2015, 6:01 pm

Well that's a shame for your dad, I hope he feels better soon, but the other problems are quite easy to solve. To wash dishes put them in warm water with a bit of soap, then rub them with a cloth until they're clean. To mow the lawn get a lawn mower & push it up & down over the grass. If you can't see where you've mowed it doesn't need mowing, so leave it until the grass has grown a bit longer. You'll need someone else to get you to your volunteer job. Or another means. If it's close enough you could walk or cycle. Or maybe someone else can give you a lift. If it's too far & no one can help you you'll have to give it up for the time being.
derrian76

Postby segenam75 » February 3rd, 2015, 6:12 pm

Well that's a shame for your dad, I hope he feels better soon, but the other problems are quite easy to solve. To wash dishes put them in warm water with a bit of soap, then rub them with a cloth until they're clean. To mow the lawn get a lawn mower & push it up & down over the grass. If you can't see where you've mowed it doesn't need mowing, so leave it until the grass has grown a bit longer. You'll need someone else to get you to your volunteer job. Or another means. If it's close enough you could walk or cycle. Or maybe someone else can give you a lift. If it's too far & no one can help you you'll have to give it up for the time being.
Volunteer job- can you catch a bus? Ask another volunteer to drive you? Family friend? Dishes- wear gloves if you want really hot water. Otherwise just squirt a tiny amount of dish liquid in sink of water with the plug in. 1. Rinse of food first off plates etc 2. Use sponge or scrubber for gunk that won't come off easily and use circles motions to wash the plates and cups etc clean 3. Rinse off the bubbles so plate is nice and clean 4. Either leave in dishrack to dry or dry using a tea towel *You can do this together with your mum. You wash then pass to her to dry. Mow the Lawn- ask a neighbour for help, they may even do it for you. Mum can mow lawn its not hard for an adult. Or you can pay a handy man And don't worry.. You will get by. I bet your mum is very clever. She will figure something out. Don't forget to be a kid, play n have fun. Leave the worrying to the Grown Ups
segenam75

Postby rickward10 » February 3rd, 2015, 6:15 pm

Hope he gets better. Practice makes perfect as far as mowing the lawn and washing the dishes. It also makes for better trolls.
rickward10

Postby ridere » February 3rd, 2015, 6:27 pm

Lol whattt .
ridere

Return to Lawns and Turf