My brother thinks that cleaning the house is a woman's job and he feels embarrassed that he cleans the house..?

My brother thinks that cleaning the house is a woman's job and he feels embarrassed that he cleans the house..?

Postby newell » October 30th, 2011, 4:40 am

sometimes.

He is mad at all the women in the house... including the mother who gave birth to him.
and he told my mom "how would you like it if you told your friends that my daughter mows the lawn?"

i honestly believe that mowing the lawn in not a manly job -_-

who agrees? and what do I do with him?
newell

Postby charles26 » October 30th, 2011, 4:46 am

it's just a stereotypical situation... cleaning the house does come across as a woman's job

but in reality it's actually not, because every single human being will have to clean at some point, just like when they wash and brush their teeth.. their cleaning

it's just with the house... it's not as personal because it's shared, most lads will clean their rooms maybe but it's stereotypical that a mom would clean the house plus the sons room for them. Which i believe is so wrong!

For me, i always clean the house for my mom, i love getting things organized and then surprising everyone when the whole house is tidy, then you can all relax and then my mom can just come home from work and chill, i hate been on the xbox knowing my mom is running around cleaning! It's unfair, i get home from work first, so i do all the cleaning and washing and then when my mom comes home i make her a tea, then i can play the xbox in peace :) i feel much better knowing i've helped

plus we all owe it to our moms! xD

But think when your brother is older and has his own flat/apartment/house he'll have to clean it.. so you and your family best start getting him prepped LOL get some independence and responsibility for him- coming from a typical irish lad lol
charles26

Postby garson82 » October 30th, 2011, 5:02 am

A man needs to learn how to take care of himself and that includes house cleaning, cooking, laundry ther will come a time when there is no one to take care of him but himself, he will look kind of dumb if he can't . My daughters all learned how to change tires on the car befor I would let them drive as well as check oil, tires and how to run a gas pump they also mowed the lawn.

I taught them to change the tire on the car so they could tell the (man) that stopped to help them change it how it was done. I am a very proud dad my girls are very independant and can do for themselves.
garson82

Postby erryl » October 30th, 2011, 5:07 am

You're witnessing the evolution of a "Macho Man". Contrary to the name, they are everything but.
If he had his own apartment and didn't have the money for a housekeeper?
If he's getting an allowance now: No chores-No allowance.
Mom make his meals? Tell her to stop.
It doesn't sound like he's paying any bills.
What does he have to contribute? Just attitude?
Ask him if he thinks strangers would put up with him if he didn't contribute.
Useless is as useless doesn't.
erryl

Postby mawrth38 » October 30th, 2011, 5:09 am

holy prophet [pbuh]
and all
sahabs r .a
used to help out thier wives
in house hold minor works
even mending shoes..
sewing
kneeding flour
2] cleaning ...holy prophet emphasised on this
hence to help out lady wife ...is affection
and love indicator
and not to let her bear all ...not to have time even to talk
thats no way

3] modern psychy ...also proves that
its more intimacy ...while
having combined in kitchen ....so on
than to just in bed room
its not only the sex ...
but even other wise ...just
morally suporting aklso help
and to help out
create more affection ....harmony
mawrth38

Postby erskine74 » October 30th, 2011, 5:11 am

Your brother wasn't raised well at all. Nice job mommy
erskine74

Return to Lawns and Turf