Is this ok for my dog?

Is this ok for my dog?

Postby rang » January 31st, 2014, 12:33 am

Sometimes when I am out walking my dog and one of our neighbors' sprinklers are on, my dog will like half attack and half play with them. Here is a video of what he does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAjHeMjHHk&feature=colike

I was just wondering are the sprinklers to much pressure on him? The water shoots out really fast and he bites it right at the bottom where the water comes out.
rang

Is this ok for my dog?

Postby smyth » January 31st, 2014, 12:36 am

That's fine, if it was harming or hurting him, he wouldnt do it :)
smyth

Is this ok for my dog?

Postby asentzio77 » January 31st, 2014, 12:41 am

He should be fine, if it were hurting him or causing significant harm he wouldn't do it.
Lots of dogs enjoy snapping at hoses and sprinklers at the source of the water pressure. But I have seen dogs abused by high-pressure hoses too, and it obviously pained them and they highly disliked even the sight of water.
So I'm sure if it were an issue for him he wouldn't be doing it.
I think you're safe.
asentzio77

Is this ok for my dog?

Postby toribio95 » January 31st, 2014, 12:47 am

He should be fine, if it were hurting him or causing significant harm he wouldn't do it.
Lots of dogs enjoy snapping at hoses and sprinklers at the source of the water pressure. But I have seen dogs abused by high-pressure hoses too, and it obviously pained them and they highly disliked even the sight of water.
So I'm sure if it were an issue for him he wouldn't be doing it.
I think you're safe.
It's fine, the dog is just being playful, nothing to worry about.
toribio95

Is this ok for my dog?

Postby marschall » January 31st, 2014, 12:54 am

He should be fine. My dog does it all the time and his teeth are in good shape. If your dog has real bad dental issues or your dog just had an appointment with your dentist, try to avoid your dog trying to lick the high pressured water as it may irritate his teeth. Otherwise, let him be :)
marschall

Is this ok for my dog?

Postby kelwin » January 31st, 2014, 12:58 am

Yes, that is ok for your dog to do! My puppy she does it all the time. Good Luck!
kelwin

Is this ok for my dog?

Postby cathall » January 31st, 2014, 1:04 am

Haha it's okay he just want to play with it if it hurts him he would stay away from it haha one of my dogs loves to do that with the sprinklers so it's okaayy :)
cathall

Return to Irrigation