Why do people hate remakes?

Postby alfonzo » November 24th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Now lately I've noticed a lot of movies have been remade: Planet of The Apes, Halloween, Friday The 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Day of The Dead & so on. And people own up on all of these movies.

Granted I know not all remakes are bad: the Halloween remake I love (I know the original Halloween is a classic horror movie, it's made a quarter of a billion dollars maybe more, I love it myself, I do think it's better, & it's one of my all time). The King Kong remake was amazing, just like Rise of The Planet of The Apes. Where The Red Fern Grows, I love both versions original & remake. I thought Friday The 13th was alright it wasn't great. Remakes like A Nightmare On Elm Street & Day Of The Dead was horrible, The Wiz which in my mind is a remake of the classic Wizard of Oz.. In my opinion The Wiz is the **** my dog craps out on the lawn.

I know not all of them are bad, but why do people hate them so much?
alfonzo

Postby hildebrand13 » November 24th, 2013, 7:38 pm

Because most remakes take a good movie and result in crap. All they do is add CGI and young stars.

Rise of the planet of the Apes, still not as good as Battle for the Planet of the Apes, and that crapfest remake of Marky Mark's is an international crime.

Every time they make a remake or a sequel, that is one less new movie that gets made. Anew movie that could have been great.

OK, I will admit that I Am Legend has been three great movies, but does that make up for Nick Cage ******* up Wickerman?
hildebrand13

Postby mack » November 24th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Because I watch alot of movies..I don't want to see it again I already watched it...I want a better story not better effects....there are thousands of books that could be movies and these stengy pricks don't want to pay royalties.

Smells like new screen name just nailed it Wickerman was a f#[email protected] tragedy Sir Christopher Lee was awesome in the original
mack

Postby yuan69 » November 24th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Because I watch alot of movies..I don't want to see it again I already watched it...I want a better story not better effects....there are thousands of books that could be movies and these stengy pricks don't want to pay royalties.

Smells like new screen name just nailed it Wickerman was a f#[email protected] tragedy Sir Christopher Lee was awesome in the original
WHAT! Who told you that? Remakes are awesome. I'm about to make a mess in my pants thinking about the Mad Max remake and the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween was awesome.
yuan69

Postby shad » November 24th, 2013, 7:58 pm

because this century is lacking in creative that we cant even make our own movies yes some remakes were really good but whats wrong with something new and never been done before.
shad

Postby eairrsidh8 » November 24th, 2013, 8:16 pm

because the writers of them gave no imagination create a decent movie. As for your dog, thats normal
eairrsidh8

Postby gerardo85 » November 24th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Most people hate remakes because the new version isn't as good as the original.
The new King Kong doesn't even come close to the original. Were the natives pole vaulting champions when they kidnapped Ann and took her to the island? And what's with Ann being the ONLY one on a cold New York night running around without a coat on? I had high hopes for this one since Peter Jackson said he was a true fan of the original. He just messed it up.

Just one example of how a remake isn't as good as the original.

I think "remakes" are cheaper for Hollywood to make. Let's face it, they don't have to re-pay for the script, right?
gerardo85

Return to Ferns