My betta's Fins are in need of help.?

Postby quinton » September 30th, 2013, 11:05 am

So I left my Dear Betta fish in the care of my crazy fish-loving father for two weeks while I was on vacation. He thought my fish looked depressed so he decided to and I quote "pimp-out" my fish' home. So when I got back, I saw his water was a bit murky. I changed out the water and removed a plant that I cut my finger on and Had metal Keys attached. Then as I put Java's Normal Java Fern back in his tank, I saw that it was a different one so I put a little coral doodad in there. I was keeping an eye on him to make sure he was acting normal and I saw that his beautiful fins got cut-up and they shrank a bit. I was wondering if anyone knew how to stimulate fin re-growth. I feel bad for him because he isn't as active as he used to be. And he was so elegant now he kinda looks ratchet.
quinton

Postby macbride » September 30th, 2013, 11:06 am

Lol ratchet. When my fish fins are torn i always use something that has Aloe Vera in it as its a natural plant extract that grows skin back,even for humans too.So you should buy a fin regrowth medicine that has aloe in it.
macbride

Postby baylee » September 30th, 2013, 11:16 am

Try adding some Stress Coat + to the water. That helps regrow fins, I've used it before with a Betta and it really helped the fins regrow faster. Besides that, make sure you do frequent partial water changes to keep the water quality up so he doesn't get fin rot.
baylee

Postby rio » September 30th, 2013, 11:17 am

try adding aquarium salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons) to prevent any infection and strengthen the immune system. a 25% water change and temperature of 80 degrees will also help.

http://bettacare101.com/diseases
rio

Return to Ferns