Chai tea while pregnant?!?

Postby freeland » June 8th, 2012, 10:06 am

I am going crazy here...I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have given up ALL caffeine-containing drinks. I really just want a chai tea latte but even if it is decaf, not only does it have a little caffeine, but some brands have herbs like fennel, anise and licorice root that are bad for pregnant women and the companies are LAZY about labeling. They all just say "spice blend" with no details. Would I be ok to have just one???
freeland

Postby edbert » June 8th, 2012, 10:12 am

Yes, just one chai tea would probably not hurt you. Tea has very little caffeine, and unless you are drinking more than five cups of tea a day, you are fine. If you want to make your own chai, use a black tea bag, add cinnamon, cloves, a bit of ginger, cardamom. Or pumpkin spice.

Good luck!
edbert

Postby gormant » June 8th, 2012, 10:27 am

Look I found out I was pregnant at 16 weeks...( I was very tiny) this was during my partying days too... To be honest I could not tell you what all i did in those 16 weeks... but My daughter come out even more perfect than I imagined she would....I would think anything herbal and natural would be actually healthy for the baby... but Im no doctor! Give it a shot see how you and baby react to one...
gormant

Return to Herbs