Can I use Lavender, Tea Tree, and Jojoba oils together?

Postby naoto94 » August 2nd, 2012, 4:59 pm

Jojoba oil moisturizes, tea tree oil kills bacteria, and lavender oil sooths the skin. These three oils sound amazing, but what would happen if I used them together? Are there any other herbal remedies that I should know about?
naoto94

Postby prior » August 2nd, 2012, 5:08 pm

Yes you can but Tea Tree and Lavender have similar properties, so it will essentially depend on what you are trying to achieve and personal preference

Jojoba oil is particularly good for skincare and acne. The Jojoba Oil penetrates into the skin without clogging pores. It can be used on all skin types, contains vitamin E and antioxidants which are great for fighting aging signs and moisturizing the skin. In addition it is also antibacterial making it great for treating acne breakouts.

Jojoba oil works in two ways. First its moisturizes your skin first and then diffuses into the skin to soften and smooth.

Using Tea Tree Essential oil it has great on acne as it has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Simply put a couple of drops on a cotton bud and dot onto each spot. Don't use it over your entire face as it can irritate the skin for some people.

Lavender Essential oil has well known antifungal and antiseptic properties and is widely used in treating acne. For that stubborn pimples lavender can be applied neat using a cotton bud or pad. Redness, swelling and irritation will be dramatically reduced.

If Lavender and Tea Tree Oil is to be applyed to larger areas, they should be used in dilution. I would recommend between 10-20 drops of essential oil to 50ml of jojoba oil.

For tips in blending the oils you may find these articles helpful:-

- Blending Essential Oils Part 1 http://aromatherapyandnaturalskincare.com.au/index.php?essential_oils=187

- Blending Essential Oils Part 2 http://aromatherapyandnaturalskincare.com.au/index.php?essential_oils=188

Hope this helps!
prior

Return to Herbs