What should I do about the ants in my room?

Postby jeraldo84 » July 22nd, 2013, 8:03 am

So recently my family has found a few scattered ants in the bathroom, but we sprayed some Raid and the problem seems to have gone away. However, I have been seeing ants in my room for about two weeks now. I only see maybe one or two a day. Today I saw one ant that had wings, which was rather alarming. I can't figure out where they are going, or where they are coming from. My only guesses would be that they are attracted to the soil in my Bonsai tree, or the cage that holds my pet rats. Also, because of the rats I can't use any sprays in my room. The ants don't seem to go anywhere near my rat cage, I see them mostly around my bedside table, which has the bonsai tree and a lamp on it. Any ideas on where they are coming from and how to get rid of them?? Thanks!!
jeraldo84

Postby victorino » July 22nd, 2013, 8:10 am

The ant with wings is a new queen ant that left the mother's queens nest. The other ants are looking for food to take to the nest that might be outside, in the wall or under the house.
If they like sugar, Pic and Terro baits are good. If they do not like sugar, the site can help.

http://www.combatbugs.com
victorino

Postby hamlin52 » July 22nd, 2013, 8:14 am

ok this is easy and safe,

get a small butter bowel clean it out cut very small holes in it near the bottom.

make a small mixture ofboraxc acid power and suger water, put it in the butter bowel. with some cotton balls. in a couple of days no more ants.
hamlin52

Return to Bonsai and Suiseki