Plz help!! Is my bonsai dead?

Postby barnham » August 5th, 2013, 7:18 am

My sister completely knocked over my bonsai that I just got about a year ago. The roots were ripped out of the soil and dirt was everywhere I tried to put the plant back in and cover with dirt but it doesn't look good. I am devastated since this is my first bonsai ever. Is it dead? Please help.
barnham

Postby kin61 » August 5th, 2013, 7:20 am

It is getting over the shock of being uprooted and being replanted. It might pert up in time. Give it a chance. If it were dead the leaves would be brown and the truck would be dead. Scratching the truck very lightly will tell you. If it is green, it is alive.
kin61

Postby long » August 5th, 2013, 7:22 am

I own a bonsai tree also, and I was told that they are sensitive plants when it comes to re-potting, damage to the tree or how much you water it etc.
If its droopy try using Popsicle sticks to help it get strength back.
If the leaves are falling off, its probably in shock (because it fell and had its roots uplifted), so try having it in a semi sunny (meaning little bits of light).
It really just depends on how far it fell and how long it was left with its roots exposed, like i said its a sensitive plant, so at worst scenario it will probably die.
Sorry, hope this information helps!
long

Return to Bonsai and Suiseki