How should I prune a bonsai tree?

Postby merwyn » October 22nd, 2013, 3:49 am

No one can answer that without seeing your tree. I suggest joining the forum below and posting a picture there after reading some of the tutorials. The members are very helpful and kind to beginners.

www.bonsaisite.com/forums/
merwyn

Postby akinlana » October 22nd, 2013, 3:51 am

That question can be taken a few years. I'm fairly new to bonsai, but I can already take it two ways -
What should I prune my ______ (fill in species) bonsai tree with?
How should I shape my ______ bonsai tree?

First answer? Unknown. It depends on the kind of tree. (I can pinch off my branches.)
The second? I like the answer the mentor on the original "Karate Kid" suggested to the kid. "Close your eyes and picture 'tree.' Now open your eyes and start making it look like that."

Of course, I'm starting mine from a sapling. (Wither I have the time to wait for it to become a tree, or I don't. lol) It chose it's own shape, and I'm just encouraging it to keep to its choice. ;)
akinlana

Postby clennan » October 22nd, 2013, 3:58 am

That's it?.
What specie, what size, how old is it?. I'm currently working on six different ones. There's no one answer. I suggest you do a lot or research and reading unless you can be more specific.
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AqnFaImmfTvPpZ5Qoh0D3CebvZx4?p=how+to+prune+a+bonsai+tree&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701-1
clennan

Postby aviur44 » October 22nd, 2013, 4:00 am

Remember what Mr Miyagi said in Karate Kid " Close eyes, see picture, Open eyes, Make Picture !!
Thus its entirely what you desire
aviur44

Return to Bonsai and Suiseki