Are there sushi, anime, korean, or japanese places at Edinburgh?

Postby bradon45 » October 22nd, 2013, 11:05 pm

I am going to Edinburgh next week and i want to know if there are any sushi, japanese, korean, anime, or asian places there?
bradon45

Postby istaqa » October 22nd, 2013, 11:11 pm

Sorry Guiri, but Time Out really is pretty lame for Edinburgh and Scotland in general.
3 Korean, several Sushi and Japanese places but I don't know of any Anime ones (?)
Korean you have Shilla, Kims Mini Meals and Ong Gie.
Japanese/Sushi you have a multitude of Noodle Bars then there is Kanpai, Bonsai (both the original south side one and Old Town), Hay Sushi, Sushiya, No1 Sushi Bar, Koyama, Tang's, Oishii and one that I keep meaning to try, YummyTori.
If you want to venture away from those but stay generally eastern (or at least eastern/island style)then there are a couple of Malaysian restaurants (Kampung Ali is popular with the Malay medical students), an interesting Filipino restaurant called Rice Terraces (not too into it myself) or a fairly new and very good Vietnamese restaurant called Pho Vietnam House.
Anyway, there is way more than I listed (including the generic chains) especially in the Japanese and sushi theme. The ones above are just what came to mind.
istaqa

Postby connlaoth » October 22nd, 2013, 11:16 pm

See: http://www.timeout.com/edinburgh/search/tag/1171/japanese

and search the site.

Have fun!

PS.Too true Ken - but I don't really frequent these places. The foodie scene changes so fast too.

I find your list eally interesting . Thanks. Have copied it down.
connlaoth

Return to Bonsai and Suiseki