Are Young Living Essential oils better than Mountain Rose Herbs Essential oils?

Postby dugald » October 26th, 2012, 5:24 pm

I'm planning to start using essential oils but I find some of the young living essential oils very expensive for little product, for example, 15 ml Frankincense is $91 but what made me really start searching for a similar quality and purity was the cost of their Rose which is $236 for less! It is only 5 ml! Why is that? I really would like to try their essential oils and will but that those essential oils, so I kept looking for other alternatives and I found Mountain Rose Herbes, their Rose essential oil is around $28 from Bulgaria, I've heard their products are of the highest quality. I just want to know which one is the best overall in regards of essential oils and why thank you.
dugald

Postby oxnaleah » October 26th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Essential oils are just like any other product on the market - quality makes a difference. A car from Ford and a car from Ferrari are both still cars but they are vastly different in what they are capable in doing.
When you consider that It takes something like 5,000 pounds of rose petals to make one pound of pure rose essential oil how can a company only charge $28 and make money? It has to be diluted and or adulterated. I have used YL products on myself and my family for years and would never use any other company. I have been to their farms and I have talked to the people who distill some of their oils and I feel very confident using their products. YL is also a leader in the industry. Do you want to work with a company that follows or leads?

People complain about the price but if you need only one or two drops of a YL oil vs. more or a diluted oil which is the better deal? I would rather have a pure oil that I can dilute if needed over one that has been at best diluted and at worse also adulterated with an unknown substance. If an essential oil has been grown properly and distilled properly than it will have great therapeutic value. Years ago YL no longer sold helichrysum, a very expensive and effective oil, because the oil did not meet the standards that YL sets. Every oil is tested and if certain key constituents are not in a certain range the oil will not be bottled. That applies to all oils that YL uses, whether it is grown on their own farms or if they purchase it from another source. Other companies continued to sell helichyrsum as they had done before but it was a much less potent version (and probably sold it at the same price).

There are thousands of happy YL users and yes there are detractors as well. I find that the people yelling the loudest against YL are the ones that have never used YL.

Last point, if you pay $40 for a membership you get a wholesale pricing - which is much cheaper than the prices you mentioned. Sort of like a costco membership but better. You get two small bottles of oil, lavender and peppermint, and information on how to use the oils including precautions and a bit of history. As long as you spend $50 per year you do not have to pay to renew your membership. I blog about YL oils at www.younglivinglife.com if you want to read more about research I have found and ways that I use the oils.

To the person who says you should never consume an oil I have to ask why? Many of YL's oils have an FDA approved GRAS (generally regarded as safe) label. Everyday I use either citrus or peppermint in my water, I have taken others internally and would do so again. Why? Because I noticed a significant improvement when I took the oils. French medical doctors would prescribe using e.o. internally and many cultures still use oils internally as well. Just because the model of aromatherapy that you practice does not recommend it does not mean that it is not something that is safe and useful to others.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.
Francine Smith
oxnaleah

Postby blaike78 » October 26th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Overall, the effects of essential oils may be divided into two basic groups. Some essential oils have actual physical effects. For example, eucalyptus oil can be inhaled to help clear sinuses and the respiratory tract. This would obviously relieve some symptoms of an upper respiratory infection (URI). Some oils may be used topically (directly on the skin, where they would usually be absorbed by the body, or on a wound) to possibly relieve swelling or fight certain infections.

You can read more about various oils here:
http://www.aromatherapy-blends.net/aromatherapy-essential-oils.htm
blaike78

Postby gormant » October 26th, 2012, 5:40 pm

salvasio is pure bunk. intravenous EO might kill you. And NO essential oil is a good idea to swallow. Clove can be rubbed on the gums but u never swallow essential oils. I sell aromatherapy and have purchased all my stock for the past 12 years from camdengrey.com. Great prices, oils THAT WORK,and a ton of info.
gormant

Postby chalfan » October 26th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Young Living is uh, kind of a rip off.
They make some nice stuff, but it is very, very over priced.

EDIT: WTF? IV essential oils? Ingesting them? GTFO.
chalfan

Postby marsten » October 26th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Young living oils use pure fillers, and you can swallow all young living oils. The other oils put a notice on them that you cannot ingest them. They go to the countries to get the oils, and if the plant or tree is not good. Gary Young will not use them. He tries them intravenously before he will let others have it. I have met people who had strokes, and used these oils, and it cleared it up. I have met people who were in car wrecks and told they will never walk again, and they used YLO. You can't tell they were in accidents. I have met a man who they gave him a month to live. He went to Gary Young and he helped him. He has been healthy for 10 years now. There is hope in true oils.
marsten

Return to Herbs