6. All of the following are true of the Crusades EXCEPT (1 point)
Alexius I asked Europe for military aid against Seljuk Turks.
Urban II wanted Europe to liberate the Holy Land from Muslims.
Italian port cities prospered from supplying Europeans in Palestine.
Crusader kingdoms finally freed Jerusalem in 1187, defeating Saladin
7. The departure of Muhammad from Makkah for Madinah is called the (1 point)
8. The emphasis on landscape in Chinese painting reflects the (1 point)
Daoist search for balance in nature.
interest in showing realistic shapes.
loss of lands to the Mongols.
medicinal use of plants and herbs.
9. Especially important in defining Catholic Church doctrine was the (1 point)
Holy Roman emperor.
10. The legal heritage of Rome was preserved in The Body of Civil Law, compiled under order of (1 point)
Alfred the Great.